I'm just a girl, guess I'm some kind of freak (gloraelin) wrote in _survivors_,
I'm just a girl, guess I'm some kind of freak
gloraelin
_survivors_

• Mood:
  • Music:

Update on charges, etc

I filed charges today. It was hard, talking about it all to a complete stranger. Very nice, and kinda good-looking in that "great bod and really sweet" way, yet still a stranger. And yet... it felt good, to get it all off my chest and down on paper where it will do some good. If I can prevent him from doing something to someone else... my job is done.

It was funny, though, when I called the sheriff's office, 'cause when I was trying to explain myself and what I wanted, everyone I spoke with knew all about {place of employment}. Well, actually, they should, they're the ones we call when someone gets out. Anyway. I'm so glad they're taking this seriously. I was so nervous that he would get the info, take my statement, but in such a way as to make me feel stupid for even DARING to bother reporting it.

Turns out it's a felony offense. Yeah. Total vindication right there. HAHAHA, jerk, you're goin' down.

The end. I just needed to write it down and get it out. And update y'all, because you guys rock.

OH. And I got my tattoo, and it was very odd... while she was doing it, it's like I burned a lot of my feelings into the pain. Catharsis, if you will. But whatever, it's done and I'm so glad. It's so beautiful, and it's such a symbol of what I want to get out of all this. I'll get pictures when I find the cable for my camera. >.>
Tags: filing a report
Subscribe

• Drowning in the Dirty South

My anniversary is my birthday on Friday. I've been working really hard to keep triggers at bay, and it seems like the universe is conspiring against…

• (no subject)

I got a letter from the DA's office the other day. And I don't know how to fill out the "Victim Impact Statement" thing they sent me. Well, ok, I…

• I love happy surprises!

Srsly, I do. I walked into work last night, and as I was turning in my keys, Mick pulled me over and was all like, "So, you're pressing charges…

• Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 2 comments