. (pinklittlepills) wrote in _survivors_,
pinklittlepills
_survivors_

I need to make an appointment at my college's women's clinic. But the last time I was there for an exam(well over a year), the lady was SO rude to me. I didn't know I was supposed to take off my bra, and when I did she threw it against the wall. Also, I have had a large mole on my hip all my life, and she gave it a disgusted look and asked in a rude tone if I'd ever had it checked out. That made me feel like she thought I was just some diseased tramp or something, because she acted so disgusted, and I'm already self-conscious about that mole. Also, I don't think that's her concern, she's not a dermatologist. This made the exam so uncomfortable, and I can't make myself go back. She did absolutely nothing to make it less unpleasant. I think the way she acted was really unprofessional, and it's not like getting bad service at a restaurant or something, it's waaay more serious than that. I kind of wish I had complained about it at the time, but I didn't realize how much it would still bother me later.
So I wonder if I should ask them if the same woman is still working there as a year ago or if I should just go to a different place. I was thinking a private practice might be better, rather than a student health clinic, and I do have health insurance, although I don't know how much of that is covered or how it works since I'm on my parents'. I don't really want them to know about me going there for a checkup, although I guess they should get used to it considering I'm an adult now.
Tags: school
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 7 comments