?

No account? Create an account
_Survivors_
A safe space to share stories and ask questions
In the past few months, I've really started healing a LOT. It's… 
13th-Mar-2007 09:29 pm
Trust
In the past few months, I've really started healing a LOT. It's amazing, really, I thought I'd never feel any better than how I had felt. But recently, I've started to feel this burning desire to help others who have been through the same sorts of things I've been through.

I'm not sure how to, though. I mean, I'm only fifteen. What can I really do to help?

Any ideas?

-Rachel Grace
Comments 
14th-Mar-2007 10:35 am (UTC)
Write. Make art. Volunteer with organizations that help others with similar circumstances. Tell your story!
14th-Mar-2007 11:40 am (UTC)
Hey! I am so glad to hear you are healing! You can help people so much in your every day life, it doesn't matter if you are "only" fifteen. This site is for us to support and to be supported. This is an awesome place to start. I wish I knew of organizations or something you could volunteer at. Maybe you could look into going to school for crisis counselling in a few years.
14th-Mar-2007 03:28 pm (UTC)
i can always use good moderators on my message board if you're interested!!

www.taking-back-control.com/board

let me know if you're interested: edensurvivor@yahoo.com
14th-Mar-2007 04:02 pm (UTC)
It's been so great to see how much healing you've accomplished in the time I've known you.

The ways I've found work the best are to go where the survivors are. You are always welcome to comment to the posts here as often as you like! It helps Julia and I out enormously as moderators, and you have the ability to give hope and some advice to literally hundreds of survivors!

Another thing you could do is volunteer for RAINN's online hotline. They will train you with their program, and it's about six hours a week, I think, but that's another really high-access forum that you could definitely help with!
14th-Mar-2007 10:26 pm (UTC)
Well, commenting here is a step! I'd say ask your local Planned Parenthood if they know of any local crisis intervention centers that need volunteers (or even if they'd like one too).
Just keep sharing your love and support.
15th-Mar-2007 03:57 am (UTC)
you've got some good advices.

i hope things keep getting better for you.lots of hugs.
This page was loaded Nov 13th 2019, 3:14 pm GMT.