earthygirrl (earthygirrl) wrote in _survivors_,
earthygirrl
earthygirrl
_survivors_

I've been thinking.....

.....I think it's almost time for me to look at childhood sexual abuse......again...

I was in the bookstore yesterday and I was looking for a good book that tells a story. Something similar...but if not similar...I'm sure it would help non the less. I almost got one. And then put it back. Sitting there in the aisle, looking at the books, I got very nervous. Even more so reading parts of the books. I felt shaky. But I also reconized a need. I could feel the need in my body to read one of these books. Most of the books I've read all are psychological...about healing. 

Anyone have any good recommendations? 
I know I can't find alike...but it was covert sexual abuse by a therepist between ages of 11-19.

There was another book...that would be good....but toooooo intense right now.  It's a book written about a child sexual abuser. It goes into all sort of details from the begining......to the end...and further into his life. Its intese though. I'm no where near ready to read that......at least I don't think so.

But I've ignored a lot of the abuse stuff cause I've had so much more going on in my life....like the relationship, the breakup, the meeting....etc. I know that you need breaks and time away from all of this. But I'm begining to feel my body letting me know it's time to go back to it all...
Tags: abuse: csa, book suggestions
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 5 comments