?

No account? Create an account
_Survivors_
A safe space to share stories and ask questions
Hi, I'm Eden 
20th-Feb-2007 12:44 pm
patience
I'm a rape survivor.

2/15 was the 7th anniversary of my rape. i'm doing so-so right now. i'm not ready to tell my story just yet, but i wanted to introduce myself.

As part of my healing process, I started my own survivor website in may of 2006. It also has a survivor message board that I invite everyone to join. It is a safe and respectful place.
Comments 
20th-Feb-2007 08:33 pm (UTC)
Welcome to the community, Eden. Take your time in telling your story, there's no rush - it can be daunting to tell your story to complete strangers!

And thank you for the links, I'll go check them out, and probably link to them off our community page if that's okay with you
20th-Feb-2007 09:21 pm (UTC)
that would be wonderful. thank you.
21st-Feb-2007 05:01 am (UTC)
Awesome, I've added you under our rape and recovery links!
20th-Feb-2007 08:45 pm (UTC)
Good job on your site! I appreciate that you talk about coercian on there, and do more than just give it a brief, one-line mention as so many other sites do. I felt that coercian was discussed very clearly, more so than I am used to seeing. Thank you. That means a lot to me because my own rape was coerced, and it's gratifying to see it acknowledged as being just as legimate as any other form of rape.
This page was loaded Nov 13th 2019, 5:26 pm GMT.