?

No account? Create an account
_Survivors_
A safe space to share stories and ask questions
Maybe you're right. 
10th-Feb-2007 10:12 am
When something tramatic happens, we tend to convince ourselves we are now required to become someone else, and leave the old 'us' behind. For most, it's a feeling of moving on, and for others, we find it simply easier to forget what happened and focus on our new lives.

'It's never too late to be what you might have been'.

I read another writers icon which had that sentence written in it. Suddenly, I realized I don't have to become someone new in order to put my past in it's place. I've mentioned a few times that I miss the old me. The me that everyone loved...The me that I loved. Up until I read that, I had been determined that creating a new life for myself was the only way i'd ever really move on and be able to forget what happened to me. Truth is, whether I create a new life or not, my past is still with me and it's something i'll never forget. What i've gained from this has so far only been a nice thought, but hopefully i'll find enough strength in myself to make it a reality and slowly but surely be able to bring back the me I once was.
Comments 
11th-Feb-2007 01:44 am (UTC)
What's really weird is that I was having a similar conversation with myself this morning when I was getting ready this morning.

That sounds creepy. :-p
11th-Feb-2007 02:39 am (UTC)
i hope you can find your way. sending you lots of hugs.
11th-Feb-2007 05:11 am (UTC)
Huzzah for making this realization! Too often we think of ourselves as being someone completely different after abuse. While to an extent, certainly we change - but we'll never lose who we were - it's still a huge part of who we are.

"It's never too late to be what you might have been" is a great way to remember that you can still be the you now and the you you were before - as you continue to grow and progress, you'll be an even better, more beautiful person inside and out.
This page was loaded Nov 18th 2019, 12:18 pm GMT.