?

No account? Create an account
_Survivors_
A safe space to share stories and ask questions
I bought a small 'can' of body lotion, because I ran out of it and… 
14th-Jan-2007 04:39 am
I bought a small 'can' of body lotion, because I ran out of it and couldn't find anything else in the particular store I was in.

Today, I put some of it on. It smells exactly like him. And I do too, now. I'm so disgusted.
Comments 
14th-Jan-2007 04:31 am (UTC)
Smells can be so triggering. I can't deal with the smell of sage because it reminds me of my time with The Asshole and all the stuff I went through then. Maybe a hot shower, to scrub the smell off of you? Then throw the stuff away! No matter what you paid for it, it isn't worth hanging onto. If you buy more, you may want to smell it while you're in the store, before you actually purchase it. I usually discreetly take the cap off and take a whiff before I buy anything like that.
14th-Jan-2007 04:51 pm (UTC)
Hugs, honey. Take that smell and understand it so that you can move past it. I nkow that you can, it might not be today or tomorrow but one day, if you work at it, you will move past this. Be strong. <3
Love,
Natasha~
http://love.voicesofstrength.org
14th-Jan-2007 05:27 pm (UTC)
Ugh. That can be so frustrating when that happens! I empathize with the guy in your icon - that's exactly the face I made when I read it. Lotion to me is so soothing, so to have it bring up memories of him... yeah... oh that sucks so much.
This page was loaded Sep 18th 2019, 11:31 am GMT.