painstainedeyes (painstainedeyes) wrote in _survivors_,
painstainedeyes
painstainedeyes
_survivors_

What hurts the most...

This entry below is in a paper from my hometown. The woman in the article is my sister, this just happened friday. The link to the paper is www.villagesoup.com and them you click on knox county and find the thing about a woman assaulting her infant daughter. I thought that my sister would know better than that. I mean she's not my bio sister, I only have one bio sibling, the rest are either step, ex-step, or so close they might as well be my brother or sister.. anyway... I thought Jami would 've know better than anyone.. This just really hurts...

...cut for possible triggers...
ROCKLAND (Dec 1): A Rockland woman is in jail Friday afternoon, accused of assaulting her 8-month-old daughter.

Police arrested 22-year-old Jami Dudley at 2 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 1, on charges of aggravated assault and endangering the welfare of a child.

According to Rockland Deputy Chief Wally Tower, police received a complaint on Wednesday, Nov. 29, that an infant was at Penobscot Bay Medical Center in Rockport with severe internal trauma and bruising to her face.

Tower said that Dudley brought the child to the hospital for treatment. Due to the extent of injuries, the baby was transferred to Maine Medical Center in Portland.

"It was determined that Ms. Dudley physically assault her baby by squeezing, shaking and slapping her because the baby would not sit still," said Tower.

Investigating the incident was Rockland Detective Russell Thompson, Detective Sgt. Jim Pease and Maine State Police Detective Dean Jackson.

An arrest warrant was issued Friday afternoon and Dudley was arrested at the Department of Health and Human Services office on Camden Street in Rockland after arriving there to sign paperwork related to the incident, according to Pease.

Tower said that charges against the mother were delayed a day pending an investigation, but also because officials were unsure if the baby would survive injuries.

"The baby remains at Maine Medical Center and she is now expected to survive," said Tower.

There is no word from the jail on Dudley's bail status.

Tags: abuse in the news, abuse: child, abuse: physical
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 3 comments