Julia A. Case (mornhyland) wrote in _survivors_,
Julia A. Case
mornhyland
_survivors_

• Mood:

Irony

It is around the holidays that I most miss family, the very people that put me through hell. In some ways the abuse doesn't stop even after you leave. No matter how you look at it I am still minus a family. The damage done when I was a child and young adult is difficult to even articulate, let alone process.

Sometimes I don't think survival is a word I can use, the damage runs too deep. I have managed to limp along and I fall way too often and have to grasp for the smallest thread to pull myself along by.

This weekend is one of those falls. Everywhere I look I see despair. My mind reels as it goes back to holidays past. It isn't as simple as a hole inside me, it is filled with the garbage my father filled everyone with in his path.

Self harm may not be a FDA approved method of dealing with intense self loathing, but it works.
Tags: depression, family, processing, self-injury, triggers: reminder of abuser
Subscribe

• any number of things on my plate at the moment

This is a really rambly post, so I hope I caught all of the triggers. - because of my housing situation being uncertain until last Sunday night (I…

• I need help right now

Any responses would be good. Right now. I'm in crisis and talking to a friend but I need help. I'm freaking out about my relationship. I'm in my…

• (no subject)

I saw him, Wednesday night I saw the bastard who used me, Who molested me. Who abused me. I saw him in the mall. And within seconds I felt his hands…

• Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 6 comments