?

No account? Create an account
_Survivors_
A safe space to share stories and ask questions
Today is my three months no cutting. I have never gotten this far..… 
3rd-Nov-2006 01:31 am
Dan/Emma trl ;; actors
Today is my three months no cutting.
I have never gotten this far.. ever. 
And yet I'm not that excited.. I don't know why for some reason I just feel numb inside. 
Shouldn't I be more excited? And I can't even tell my parent's about it, I'm scared as to what they will say..
Comments 
3rd-Nov-2006 01:40 am (UTC)
Thats a great big step. Should be very proud, it takes alot to quit cutting for a while. Dont feel bad your not excited for it, Im not that exciting when i dont cut for a while. I try not to think about it. I kind of feel numb about it, maybe its just how certain people react.
3rd-Nov-2006 02:59 am (UTC)
Congrats, hun! I think it's great. Maybe you'll be able to feel as great as you want to in a little while? I know very little about cutting (so if i'm being an idiot just ignore me) but I just wanted to say good for you!
:)
3rd-Nov-2006 04:45 pm (UTC)
That's awesome, hun, I know how hard it is to let go of self-harm.

I didn't feel very excited about it either, and I think that's pretty normal. As weird as it sounds, cutting/self-harm is a major coping skill for many of us. Letting go of a coping skill, even an unhealthy one, is going to leave you feeling at a loss.

It took me almost a year before I really got happy about my accomplishment. That numb feeling went away for me about 4-5 months out from stopping, though, so hopefully that numbness will go away soon and you can feel how great an accomplishment you've done.

I'm so happy for you, hun. That's so awesome.
This page was loaded Oct 14th 2019, 6:36 am GMT.