?

No account? Create an account
_Survivors_
A safe space to share stories and ask questions
Just venting 
18th-Sep-2006 10:00 am
A twist in therapy- my therapy has now changed to support according to my therapist. My husband finally owned up to our home situation after I ended up in the ER with another stint of chest pain. Mother-in-law will continue with us at home but new rules are being set. Being the person that I am I don't think this will happen but I will wait. Since I now have too much stress at home, work and now my health, we can no longer delve into my flashbacks so that is now officially on hold. I don't know how my therapist puts up with me. I gave her a birthday present (I have done so every year for 24 years) and a letter that went with it. She loved it. She knows I worry more about her that me (standard). I'm just pissed that I am relegated to waiting on working on my own issues again.
Comments 
18th-Sep-2006 03:09 pm (UTC)
With all the stuff at home, she probably wants to make sure you have extra support for the stress before continuing to open up the older stuff. My therapist does that with me too, when I'm really stressed, and I know how frustrating it can be to feel like your progress is put on hold.

The good thing is that you're getting some extra support for the stuff going on at home. I hope those new rules get stuck to, for the health of all of you - all that stress is never a good thing for a family. Hopefully the stress will ease up a bit and your body will relax enough to stop causing you so much chest pain - it's so frightening to have your body doing things like that when things are already uber-stressful!

Sending you lots of love and support
19th-Sep-2006 04:22 pm (UTC)
Thank you for your kind words. Hey, I bet you are going to start experiencing computer withdrawals! Good luck with your plans.
20th-Sep-2006 01:00 pm (UTC)
Bigtime. I was freaking out a bit this week since I wasn't checking in a few times a day. :P Darn technology being so convenient
This page was loaded Oct 20th 2019, 4:58 pm GMT.