?

No account? Create an account
_Survivors_
A safe space to share stories and ask questions
Announcement re Diane and Burning Man 
7th-Sep-2006 11:34 pm
writers
Hey everyone, just a little announcement some might appreciate.

Over where I live there's something called the Burning Man festival, which features art, sculptures, music, poetry, etc - the name comes from a wooden human figure that they set afire on the second-to-last night to celebrate impermanence/change/renewal (somewhat like the phoenix rising from the ashes).

They had a wooden temple structure where people could write down the names of people who'd passed on during the year, and they'd burn it too on the last night, in honor of those people's legacies.

So, I wrote Diane's (teardrops7)'s name and a few words about her - that she was strong and compassionate to others here.
Comments 
8th-Sep-2006 10:22 am (UTC)
I wanted to go to Burning Man. I hear it's really something. I hope to go next year. =)
9th-Sep-2006 07:25 am (UTC)
You definitely should, especially if you do some form of performance or visual/written art. I think you'd love it!
9th-Sep-2006 07:25 am (UTC)
P.S. There are cheaper tickets if you buy yours early, you can also apply for discounts.
8th-Sep-2006 03:11 pm (UTC)
Wow, I'm glad Diane made it to burning man, too. I think she would have loved that whole festival - all the art and love and fun there is.

Thanks for bringing her with you there, I'm sure she loved it and appreciated the thoughts :)
9th-Sep-2006 07:24 am (UTC)
Thanks :) And yes, she would have loved it! Someday when I have more money I plan to "gift" special LJ-friends with tickets.
10th-Sep-2006 01:14 am (UTC)
I've always wanted to go to burning man. It's far enough away from where I live that I've been hesitant to make the trek, but that festival always calls to me anyways :) Someday, someday, I'll go dance in the desert with ya
This page was loaded Sep 17th 2019, 7:25 pm GMT.