?

No account? Create an account
_Survivors_
A safe space to share stories and ask questions
It took me a day or so, but it finally occured to me that the reason… 
18th-Aug-2006 07:10 pm
Trust
It took me a day or so, but it finally occured to me that the reason I ended up cutting again was because I was triggered into disocation. I've never disociated that bad, which was probably why I didn't realize at first that I had disociated. After I realized that, it occured to me that I had probably cut as a way to ground myself; to get back to reality. I don't want that to happen again; the guilt of cutting haunts me for weeks after the event, and ends up making me spiral.

What are some other grounding techniques that work? I've heard of things, like feeling the fabric on your pants, holding something that you did not have at the time of your abuse, et cetera. But how do I make myself realize in the first place that I'm disociating, before I'm too far gone to help myself? Grounding techniques won't help me if I don't know when I need them.

Any ideas?

-Rachel Grace
Comments 
19th-Aug-2006 02:24 am (UTC)
i don't have any advice for you, because i myself most often can't find the way to stay in reality. but i want to send you lots of hugs. i hope you're safe. hugs.
This page was loaded Oct 16th 2019, 9:37 pm GMT.