?

No account? Create an account
_Survivors_
A safe space to share stories and ask questions
I have an idea. Would anyone in the community be opposed to posting… 
18th-Aug-2006 02:23 pm
beauty
I have an idea.
Would anyone in the community be opposed to posting pictures of themselves? Sometime's I really want to put a face to the people that I have come to love and respect from this community. Personally, I am not opposed to this at all, and if you guys are up to it, why not put together some sort of photo journal and short bio (of everything not rape-related in your life, positive things, like likes, dislikes, inspirations in life, ect.)? I'd sure like to "meet" all of you :). If this idea gets okayed, Then I'd be willing to go first and break the ice, so to speak.

What are your thoughts?
Comments 
18th-Aug-2006 08:22 pm (UTC)
Heck, I'll do it! I have pictures of me in some of my icons anyway. :)
18th-Aug-2006 08:22 pm (UTC)
I think it's a good idea. I have a gallery of some photos of me that I can link to.
18th-Aug-2006 10:05 pm (UTC)
i don't see anything wrong with it, i'll do it.
18th-Aug-2006 10:51 pm (UTC)
I think its a great idea!
18th-Aug-2006 10:56 pm (UTC)
I`d post a pic of me, yeah. Actually, my icon is a pic of me and my cat.
18th-Aug-2006 11:54 pm (UTC)
myspace.com/leahkean
19th-Aug-2006 01:06 am (UTC)
id go for that.
19th-Aug-2006 02:19 am (UTC)
i don't mind when people are posting their pictures, but i wouldn't probably post mine. i have really hard time even looking at myself in the mirror, and when people look at me i'm getting paranoid.
19th-Aug-2006 03:09 am (UTC)
I may, though I'm usually pretty reluctant to put my picture out there. Might do everything else you suggested minus the pic. I'm pretty camera shy, not very photogenic at all.
19th-Aug-2006 03:38 am (UTC)
I'd be up for it - though I'd like to have it as friends-only access type thing since a couple of my abusers still troll the internet for me from time to time.

Though it's a small one, this icon is of me and my husband. I'm sure I've got more pictures of me around here somewhere, so I'll post them over the weekend :)
19th-Aug-2006 04:48 am (UTC)
You're beautiful! I agree with your comment though, I get scared that people will somehow find me on here. Considering no one except my therapist and one friend know, I'd be paranoid posting on here. I wonder if any of the members who don't normally post here know who I am or about my other more used account...
19th-Aug-2006 04:08 am (UTC)
wow, from what I've seen, we have some beautiful people amongst us :)
my icon is of myself, though you can't really see much cos it's ackwardly done. I'll post something soon, and I'll definately do it under a friend's only thing. I'm really looking forward to this!
19th-Aug-2006 04:29 am (UTC)
sounds really awesome
21st-Aug-2006 08:01 am (UTC)
This is me in my icon.
This page was loaded Oct 17th 2019, 6:53 pm GMT.