cawaiirainbow (cawaiirainbow) wrote in _survivors_,
cawaiirainbow
cawaiirainbow
_survivors_

• Mood:
Hi my name is Christine and for the longest time I've had this problem. My aunt is a survivor, but she now takes her anger/sadness at her stepchildren by physically abusing them...

When I first met her she was a very sweet women with a dash of spunk. We were almost as best friends! When I got to know her more, she began telling me of her past.

-as a child she was abandoned by her father who only left pieces of gold to express his so called "love"

-when her mother found a new boyfriend, he took advantage of my aunt and her sister. He raped them and when the girls told relatives their story, none of them believed them and said that they were trying to "ruin their moms new relationship"

-years later at her second year in college, my aunt went to visit her mom...that night the same boyfriend murdered the mom in FRONT of my aunt

it was very painful for me to have to watch her breakdown everytime she told me stories of her past...she was able to survive such horrible events, but suffers mentally

The problem is, she really hurts her step children. (there was a time where she made her daughters lick the toilet because it wasn't clean enough and when one of them refused, she beated her and chopped off about 6 inches of her hair) When confronting her, she only sees it as discipline

I'm the only one who hasn't quite confronted her, but I don't know how to say it or what to suggest to her. I have a feeling she might feel betrayed and i don't want to lose that trust that I've gained from her.

I feel bad for sharing her past online, but when talking to my parents their answers are sort of...biased...like they take no consideration of her past.

please help :)
Tags: abuse: child, abuse: csa, abuse: physical, invalidation, seeking opinions
Subscribe

• Thought Stirring Post Public

To be emotionally validated it to feel that the other person has heard you, really understands what you are saying, and accepts it as true for you.…

• Thought Stirring Question: Public

Child abuse comes in as many forms as abuse adults survive: sexual, verbal, emotional, physical, mental, and ritual. Sometimes the abuse is…

• Thought Stirring Question - Public

A more covert type of abuse is invalidation. Invalidation is when a person tells you that your experience of something is wrong, or that you are…

• Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 11 comments

• Thought Stirring Post Public

To be emotionally validated it to feel that the other person has heard you, really understands what you are saying, and accepts it as true for you.…

• Thought Stirring Question: Public

Child abuse comes in as many forms as abuse adults survive: sexual, verbal, emotional, physical, mental, and ritual. Sometimes the abuse is…

• Thought Stirring Question - Public

A more covert type of abuse is invalidation. Invalidation is when a person tells you that your experience of something is wrong, or that you are…