Sepia_Lies (sepia_lies) wrote in _survivors_,
Sepia_Lies
sepia_lies
_survivors_

Songs?

So, I get how music can be soothing and all that, but I never would have thought it would impact me THAT much.
When I was little, I was very...not stable. 
I had a really bad case of Separation Anxiety from my mom. I always thought she would just decide that she didnt want me one day adn leave me somewhere. So it scared me to be without her.
Anyway when I was  this little, im talking...5 , 6 and on, and I would sleep over at people houses alot. I would cry all night. I didnt like no sleeping in my bed. I mean It freaked me out to be in unfmailiar surroundings, especially without my mom. SO I would sit up and cry all night, and go through many panic attacks and just...be so scared.
So my aunt Kathleen made me a casset tape. She didnt know what she was doing. She made it for my birthday. But the first song on the tape, was Enya's Watermark, off of the Watermark CD. That song..did amazing things for me. That was the only way I got to sleep at night. Thats the only way I would stop crying and calm down. It HAD to be playing constantly for me to sleep. It made all the bad things go away and everything would stop adn id be calm. It took the pain away.
Even to this day its an amazing song. It still does what it did for me as A child.

And just for you all who arent familiar with Enya, heres where you can find the clip. (Go figure shes Irish...)

"WaterMark"

Does anyone eles have these types of songs?

Tags: music
Subscribe

• Thought Stirring Question: Public

This is a revisited question: For many survivors, music can be a bastion of hope, a voice of comfort on a long night, or another person you can…

• (no subject)

Hey, I'm back! I spent... uh, well, actually, I'm just going to cut this whole entry for triggers OF: hospitalization, SI/suicidality [not graphic],…

• (no subject)

Hey , just wondering if you guys had any songs that you find particulary inspiring or uplifting. Basically any good songs that affect you ....could…

• Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 8 comments