Rachel (arsinoea) wrote in _survivors_,
Rachel
arsinoea
_survivors_

• Mood:
cut for triggers, remembering another forgotten assualt.

a few days ago, i was laying in bed, contemplating the number of people i have slept with, as well as the number of times i have been involved in a date rape. the number of people i have slept with is technicly four, but i question the fourth many times. the number of rapes is three. then it hit me. i missed one. i had completely forgotten about a particularily unnerving incident (or maybe, my brain had blocked it out until now?). i was drunk. i remember being nearly unable to move. there was someone else in the room, a semi-close guy friend, and his friend was raping me. i think he assumed that it was completely consentual and thus, fell asleep. i remember many details. i remember feeling frozen, not even intoxicated anymore, but unsure of how to react. so i acted like i enjoyed it, i suppose. that is what i did with every incident.

i suppose this one in particular was my fault. i had been drinking, i was 16, and i wanted to avoid going home, so i went home with this guy that i hardly knew; a friend of a guy i knew only a little better. i mean, i had been involved in an alcohol related rape before, although unconventional, i am certainly sure that it wasnt warranted, considering that i was going overboard in my first time experiencing drugs and alcohol. but then again, the second time, i still did not count the first time as rape in any way, but as an embarassing way to lose one's virginity.

so, tell me again, for all the times i have been told, and promptly forgotten. tell me, what really happened? because i do not know.
Tags: memories: repressed, rape: substance-induced, victim-blaming
Subscribe

• Thought-Stirring Post: Victim Blaming

PUBLIC POST After going through abusive situations or mistreatment, many survivors may find it difficult to share what happened with others.…

• Question

Can I post my story here, and get some insight/ support? I'm feeling pretty alone.

• Another MJ post..

I don't know about everyone else, but this Michael Jackson thing is still bringing up stuff for me. My post is in response to this "essay" written…

• Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 5 comments