Haullie Free (haulliefree) wrote in _survivors_,
Haullie Free
haulliefree
_survivors_

answers to this week's questions...

answers to this week's questions...

What independence did you lose after surviving abuse?

I can't drive a car, I can't find a job because I'm afraid of how people will percieve me. Mainly "wierd". I only feel comfortable around other survivors and that is so sad. I want to be independant but I don't know how to be because I have so much to fear.

What pieces of independence have you already regained?

I can now conduct buisness over the phone which is a huge step for me as far as figuring out some of the bills around the house.

What sort of independence are you working towards now?

I'd like to finally be able to drive a car, get a job, have a career that means something. I have a wonderful husband that takes care of me but I'd like to take care of him too. One of my biggest dreams is buying a fishing boat for my husband. But because he always takes care of me but it seems that I'll never be able to make that dream come true for him. That is what I'd really like to do. Buy something special for my husband as a thank you for all of the years he gave back to my life through his understanding and support.
Tags: independence
Subscribe

• Weekly thought-stirring question: Isolation

Abuse thrives on silence and isolation. All types of abusers often use isolation as a means to secure themselves in a position of power. Whether it's…

• (no subject)

What independence did you lose after surviving abuse? i didnt really lose any independance. i have it somewhere inside of me, but its hard to…

• Im new =)

- What independence did you lose after surviving abuse? I lost the ability to be open with people. The freedom of emotion, of sexuality, the freedom…

• Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 3 comments