aliwadha (aliwadha) wrote in _survivors_,
aliwadha
aliwadha
_survivors_

Expression Heals Part 3

Hello again all!

I just received some *great* inspiration from one of you (just not putting the name in case she wants to remain anonymous, please feel free to identify yourself!) to do a third piece focused on what our abusers said to us later to try to justify their actions/defend themselves.

Examples she gave were things such as: "are you pregnant? * you think I raped you? * did you ever even say no to me? * I was joking around with you ", etc.

So, in keeping with the form of the others, if you'd like to contribute to this piece, please feel free to reply to this entry or email me at expressionheals@yahoo.com

Also, I've been thinking that if I end up exhibiting the piece, I'd put a list of the people who contributed in the description. If you're not comfortable using your full name, you can use only your first name, or a psuedonym if you feel more comfortable with that, and maybe your age when the abuse occurred? If there was more than one, maybe pick the age when you felt most affected, or an average? (Again I'm still brainstorming, so please feel free to share your opinions!)

Thank you all for sharing your stories with me in this way. I promise to honor them to the best of my ability. Our expression DOES heal.
Tags: art, invalidation
Subscribe

• Thought-Stirring Post: Victim Blaming

PUBLIC POST After going through abusive situations or mistreatment, many survivors may find it difficult to share what happened with others.…

• Another MJ post..

I don't know about everyone else, but this Michael Jackson thing is still bringing up stuff for me. My post is in response to this "essay" written…

• I'm sorry.

Deeply apologize for the lack of detailing triggers initially. I’ve been thinking about personal responsibility of late. I started this after I was…

• Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 7 comments