Shadow Flying In Daylight (sistahraven) wrote in _survivors_,
Shadow Flying In Daylight
sistahraven
_survivors_

A quick mod note:

I want to make sure it is clearly stated again:

If you are triggered by something, it is okay to ask that triggering thing (whether it be text, icon, or other) be removed.

If you are asked to put something triggering out of the obvious view, you are expected to do so. Just as your triggers are protected, as are those of others.

Please, understand - in a community of survivors, there is rarely an opportunity to ask that a triggering thing be removed that is *not* when someone is emotionally vulnerable. It is difficult to ask someone to remove or hide something triggering. As long as you do it respectfully and as tactfully as you can, you are welcomed to do so.

As a community, we are expected to handle these requests how we would expect our requests to be handled - with respect, understanding, and knowledge of how difficult it is to make a request when you know someone is emotionally vulnerable. Lectures, attacks, and assumptions of someone's intent are inappropriate responses. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say it.

We are a community of diverse people with diverse triggers. I expect every trigger, even if it's a phobia of clowns, to be treated with respect.

Thank you.
Tags: mod post: announcement
Subscribe

• Dealing with anger and depression

My grandmother called my mother last night to tell her that Tina, my brother Randy's wife (they were separated) died in a car accident. My…

• This should not be upsetting me

I shouldn't care. Not anymore. I just found out that my mentally and sexually abusive ex is getting married, and I'm pissed. I managed to spend…

• (no subject)

Dear fucking professor Terrel. Yes, I was out of it in fucking class today, and no I could not translate Caesar, and yes, I just gave the fuck up,…

• Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 40 comments

• Dealing with anger and depression

My grandmother called my mother last night to tell her that Tina, my brother Randy's wife (they were separated) died in a car accident. My…

• This should not be upsetting me

I shouldn't care. Not anymore. I just found out that my mentally and sexually abusive ex is getting married, and I'm pissed. I managed to spend…

• (no subject)

Dear fucking professor Terrel. Yes, I was out of it in fucking class today, and no I could not translate Caesar, and yes, I just gave the fuck up,…