?

No account? Create an account
_Survivors_
A safe space to share stories and ask questions
First...thank you to all that have responded to my earlier post. I… 
6th-Apr-2006 11:36 am
First...thank you to all that have responded to my earlier post. I felt like I should thank you all individually, but I'd just be saying the same thing over and over so I decided to get it all done in one fell swoop. =)

I am glad that there are others out there that will support me, believe me, and not say that there's nothing wrong with what I feel has been done. I thank you all more than you'll ever know.

Tegan Tells her Rapists: Go To Hell.

I felt like this would be a good thing to post here. Hopefully it won't bother anyone. I'm glad she stood up and said "You know, this isn't my fault!". She's awesome.

Accused molester claims boy, 12, began sexual contact.

Winter claimed that after two to three minutes the boy turned and placed his hand on Winter's groin. Winter said he moved the boy's hand away, saying: "I will have to think about all this."

And just WHAT is there to think about with this? You just don't do it! No thinking required!
Comments 
6th-Apr-2006 09:12 am (UTC)
I'm really glad she was able to stand up for herself like that. Though I'm always up for the option of people learning from their own horrid behaviour, they certainly demonstrated through everything they did that such sort of growing was a very, very slim chance. I'm glad she got to tell them what she felt. I've gotten the opportunity to do something similar, once, although it wasn't at his trial (none of my abusers got convicted), it was at his job.

He was trying to stare me down, intimidate me, and I stood up to him, looked him in the eye and told him there was nothing he could do to frighten me, and that he only showed his own weakness by needing to scare someone to feel important. He stammered and eventually walked away with his head hung low - I'd deflated his ego in front of all his coworkers without having to take any cheap shots. It was excellent.

And I always get infuriated with the "seductive child" alibi. It's such bullsh!t, you know? You can say no to a child! It's easy! They understand! yes... I'm sure that it exists somewhere that a child will spontaneously become interested in someone else's genitalia - but 99% of cases it's because a child was already abused and thinks that's what they need to do to be loved, etc. It's so easy for an adult to just say no! gah! ::rants and swears a lot:: There's nothing for him to think about aside from planning his defense, really. bastard.
6th-Apr-2006 11:03 am (UTC)
I'm glad for her, too. I wish there was some way to get in contact with her to say "Hey, thanks for doing that" and that there are a lot of survivors out there pulling for her.

And, GOOD FOR YOU for doing what you did. That took some guts, too. I know it helped for you to do that, get a little of your own back.

Yes, I was pretty pissed when I read that article and got to that part. Like a 12 year old is capable of knowing that they want to seduce someone? Like they're able? That's just jacked up. The fact he had to think about it was just....ugh.
6th-Apr-2006 11:22 am (UTC)
::HUGS::...Thank you!....you have shown me that there is SOME JUSTICE in this world, FINALLY.....for all survivors of rape, thank you for easing my pain...I am an incest survivor with no justice.::BIG HUG::
6th-Apr-2006 02:32 pm (UTC)
I don't think many of us will ever really see justice about what has been done. I'm sorry you had to go through what you went through. No one should have to be abused or assaulted. I'm glad you liked the article and it helped you.

*hugs*
6th-Apr-2006 02:37 pm (UTC)
:D.......seeing any kind of justice is ALWAYS HELPFUL!!....it means our struggles are not for nothing...it can't change what happened to us but it is a POSITIVE instead of the never ending NEGATIVES!!! ::BIG HUG::
6th-Apr-2006 03:21 pm (UTC)
And I always get infuriated with the "seductive child" alibi. It's such bullsh!t, you know? You can say no to a child!

Yup. It's not difficult. I've done it; when a 17-year-old boy kissed me at a New Year's Party (and quite well, I might add) and wanted the evening to continue, I told him to look me up once he was 18 (age of consent in Florida).
6th-Apr-2006 05:39 pm (UTC)
I have mixed feelings - on the one hand, I am totally impressed by this young woman. She has my undivided support.
On the other hand, why the HELL are they only identifying the men by thier initials? I want full names, addresses, pictures, and every other piece of identifying information on them to be available publicly.
6th-Apr-2006 05:43 pm (UTC)
They said in the article that they couldn't disclose the rapists' names because of "legal" things. Screw that. I'm with you, I want to know who these men are.
This page was loaded Sep 15th 2019, 10:02 pm GMT.