?

No account? Create an account
_Survivors_
A safe space to share stories and ask questions
I am still very much afraid of not being believed, I googled "false… 
31st-Jan-2006 01:57 pm
I am still very much afraid of not being believed, I googled "false allegations of sexual assault" and found this horrible article

It is just shameful that somebody would write this bullshit, where did s/he get his/her Ph.D from anyway?!
Comments 
31st-Jan-2006 11:18 am (UTC)
that's complete and utter bullshit of the highest degree.
just goes to show that ANYBODY can put ANYTHING on the internet (and have it believed as fact).
31st-Jan-2006 11:37 am (UTC)
Wow, the person who wrote that article has completely bought into the "rape victims are liars" mentality, eh?

My guess? The person did something they weren't supposed to do and didn't care for the consequences, and got really bitter that the consequences caught up to them anyways.

I'd be willing to bet money that doc's a perpetrator. ::rolls eyes:: Such complete shit, really.
31st-Jan-2006 11:59 am (UTC)
Check out the rest of the site. It made me giggle in a horrified sort of way.

"With the very rarest exceptions, women are disloyal, sexually inadequate, dishonest, unsatisfying, critical, demeaning, moody, weepy, materialistic, greedy, self-serving and completely inconstant. When it comes to women, my advice is rent, don't buy!"

...that's what made me decide that it's all bullshit.
31st-Jan-2006 12:06 pm (UTC)
I am utterly disgusted! When I started reading it, I felt a huge pang, but thought that it was just one person's twisted view of the world, which we are all entitled to. Once I progressed to the sexual molestation of children, I was honestly nearly sick. This is not just an opinion, it shows so much about the character of the author, it is truly unbelievable, I think this person has spent too much time wrapped up in their psychopathic thoughts.

On an other note, if any of the points that were brought up were true, they would have been cross-referenced. What a horrible twisted view of life.
31st-Jan-2006 02:13 pm (UTC)
I near had a panic attack...mein gott. I mean...I...oh god. I still need to learn how to breathe again. What the hell. I have class in 45 minutes and..and...ugh.

In my philosophy class, we have to do a final project on some form of social jusitice issue at hand, I may well do something about the rights of abuse victims as opposed to homosexuality like I was planning...
31st-Jan-2006 02:24 pm (UTC)
Don't give them the satisfaction of upsetting you. They would get a kick out of it.

I didn't want to look too deeply around that sight - cause I worry it has links to paedophilic organisations somewhere judging from the contents and don't want my details on it - but it is not a normal website. And I reckon the PHD is from the University of Uranus. You pay $250 and you can get a PHD.

31st-Jan-2006 03:08 pm (UTC)
Wow!! It's amazing what abusers will do to justify their actions. I say "abuser" because I'm willing to bet he is one. That's just disgusting shit that he's spouting. He sounds extremely callous with no feelings at all for his fellow humans (if he can be called human), which I think would place him in the category of a sociopath. His harping on and on about a lack of physical injury to the victims really grated on me. Just because there is not physical injury does not mean there isn't emotional, and psychological injury. He also has clearly missed the boat as far as treating others decently and respecting their free will goes. This is particularly evident in his argument concerning abused children. He essentially is blaming the victim and supporting pedophilia, which I have no patience for.

The person who wrote the article is sick, twisted and disgusting. The scary thing is, there are others who believe like him.
31st-Jan-2006 05:37 pm (UTC)
are you kidding me??
1st-Feb-2006 03:56 pm (UTC)
I just skimmed parts of it, but yeah - bullshit!
2nd-Feb-2006 05:26 am (UTC)
Well, after reading that bullshit I looked a little deeper. This article is published in the fiction section of a web-site hosted for persons in jail in the state of Pennsylvania. Here: http://www.prisoners.com/fiction.html#fiction

He's in jail because of some girl named Diana (from another article) and probably was an abuser himself.

Also, the key at the begining of the article "Our study of a small sampling of females who are characterized as "victims" of sexual offenses, and of a sampling of males who are characterized as perpetrators of sexual offenses, has yielded important insights which defy the popular assumptions and cliches on this emotionally charged subject." This small sampling could have actually been only a few females or even the thoughts of the offenders themselves.

Either way though, this article is a fake. Just goes to show that you really need to check your sources before believing something.
2nd-Feb-2006 09:50 am (UTC)
I agree with you. In addition to the general offensiveness of that article, it doesn't even halfway resemble a decent scholarly research paper.
2nd-Feb-2006 11:27 am (UTC)
I would bet dollars to donuts this man is a sex offender of some sort, or is attempting to 'excuse' his own fantasies of becoming one.

There is nothing statistically relevant posted on that site. Nothing factual. Nothing backed by real research. It is as worthless as the mysoginist that posted it.

If the site can't be reported to it's host as a hate site requiring removal, ignore it. Do not empower this person who seeks to justify the unjustifiable.

-Dira-
This page was loaded Sep 15th 2019, 3:57 pm GMT.