August 11th, 2006

totally off subject sorry

marker fight against sister is pretty fun except wen u get hit in the head with one lol total change in mood an we're actually getting alongYAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I DON'T HAVE TO BABYSIT TOMORROW SO I CAN SLEEP IN YAY YAY AN I CAN SLEEP IN MY BED TRIPLE YAY. soirry for caps i have my hand full of makers waiting for the perfect time t o throw at my sister..ahhhh gotta love the little fun times we have together. cause this doesn't useally happen at all .so i'm really happy
dolls

hotlines

Thank you goldenretriver for this info.

1-800-SUICIDE Hotline Set to Shut Down on Saturday August 12

The nation's largest suicide hotline, 1-800-SUICIDE, is scheduled to go out of service this Saturday, August 12, 2006. There are currently negotiations in progress that may prevent this. However, in the event that these negotiations are not successful, NAMI is issuing this alert to raise public awareness of the alternative for those in need of help.

The alternative number for those in crisis is 1-800-273-TALK. This number will put callers in touch with the federally-funded National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, a service that has been in operation since January, 2005. It functions as a central switchboard to immediately connect callers to virtually the same network of certified, local crisis centers accessed by 1-800-SUICIDE. So callers can receive counseling or emergency services, if needed, close to home.

All calls to the 1-800-273-TALK Lifeline are private and confidential. Confidentiality of personal information and of personal disclosures during calls is a high priority for the parties involved in operating the Lifeline.

The federal Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) is working with the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline and the entire suicide prevention community to ensure that every call for help during a suicide crisis is answered. Some of the measures being put in place include:

Ensuring that the entire suicide-prevention community is working the phones and Internet to make sure that all referring agencies know that 1-800-273-TALK is the number to call for suicide intervention.
Notifying service providers, including directory 411 and 211 operators, that 1-800-SUICIDE is scheduled to go out of service beginning August 12, 2006 and to direct callers to 1-800-273-TALK for help.
Redirecting callers who call 1-800-SUICIDE to call 1-800-273-TALK through a recording.
As a part of this effort, NAMI will participate in a meeting with SAMHSA and its other partner groups on Friday afternoon, August 11, and we will issue an update afterwards if there is additional information to share.

NAMI urges you to help distribute this alert in your community. Together, we can ensure that every call for help is answered.

Thank you,

Michael J. Fitzpatrick, MSW
Executive Director
NAMI
daisy
  • richips

(no subject)

hey everybody
i was wondering if you all could help me out
i am trying to find a formal explanation of triggers to post so my friends can understand what they are. not just triggers of rape experience, but general trauma. i don't want to be too specific, just enough so that they understand. thanks a lot and i hope you are all doing well

today

informing everyone else  who doesn't know what my new tasks are

Collapse )

with this said i think today i'm going to start writing the paper for the teens of my communities. i don't know exactly the approach to take but will figure it out. i will keep you guys updated on my progress and how i'm handling it all. hopefully it won't be to hard but i just gotta remember i'm doing this to help support the teens in the community
Pentre Ifan

Saying Hello

I have just joined this community in hopes in finding healing in sharing with others, hearing their stories, understanding and witnessing their pain, in order to gain further understanding of my own.

I was a victim of rape as a teenager, and recently I have been assaulted and sexually harassed by my boss. I am currently in the process or suing the company which I work for. As they mishandled the case, did a shotty investigation, refused to contact outside witnesses and other victims. In the end of their investigation I was told they couldn't verify my story, so they were keeping him and while they understand if I need to leave, if I stay, I am expected to continue working for him, directly for him. My lawyer is currently working on a settlement, as the sad reality is, they are a 90 billion $ corporation, and I am not.

I have started trying to work with a local RCC, but have not been able to get into any type of group counseling, or group experience. I feel that this is most healthy, as I do not require a therapist. I fallow a tradition which focuses on healing of the soul, and teaches empowerment and the difference between victimhood and woundedness. So I thought it would be good to join a LJ community which could help foster some of the community needs I seem to be having. that said, I am in no way looking to make this a group therapy session, just explain why I chose to join.

I would like to ask more specific questions once I get the feel of the group. So I just wanted to say hello, introduce myself and let everyone know that I am looking forward to getting to know the group.

progress

i'm doing good on writting it's hard to find the right words tho. i'm moving at a fair pace and hope to continue. i want to try working on it a little each night to avoid overwheleming myself. but on the days i feel strong i'll work harder on them, cause as most of you know i have a lot to get down hopefully i'll get it done by the time shcool starts. but that is a little unrealistic since school starts next month. but i'll keep up on here letting everyone know how i'm doing. hopefully i won't have to many breakdowns during this whole process. but if i do i know where to come to for help ;) well i hope everyone is doing good i'm off for now