August 3rd, 2006

(no subject)

I've passed through the fire once again. Hormones are so annoying and strange. To feel strange and unsettled like the ground is pulled out from under you for a week of every month is taxing...then to return to a state of grace where you aren't doubting your fundamentals anymore is so sudden.
So the one day of wretched cramps is over, which signals the beginning of equilibrium.
Kieran

question

Okay, I don't feel like typing everything out... but I was wondering who in here happens to have PTSD from past sexual abuse and has given birth to children later in life? I am asking because I have PTSD... now I am happily married and excitedly pregnant for the first time (well, 2nd time if you count my miscarriage), but I have some anxiety about the whole labor/birthing/delivery thing. Could you tell me how your pregnancy and deliveries went? I would love to hear some honest stories just so I have a feel for what to possibly expect with my own experience. Thank you for sharing in advance! I really do appreciate it! I want to prepare for what's ahead... ya know?