March 6th, 2006

(no subject)

Hey there, just joined! I thought I would share this information with y'all in case you or anyone you know might be interested; I hope this post is considered appropriate for this community...

If you are a woman who is interested in taking a self defense course, and you are in the Raleigh NC area, you are in luck!

Right here in the Raleigh area an American Women's Self Defense Association (AWSDA) inspired course is offered on a regular basis.

The classes are taught by an AWSDA certified instructor and a group of knowledgable volunteers (myself included). The course is four hours long, and is comprised of aproximately one half lecture and one half hands on technique training.

We typically open up a class once a month, and we also offer Intermediate & Advanced courses for return students. We recommend that students be of at least dating age, since rape prevention is a main focus of this course. However, there is no real age restriction for this course - past students of ranged from 14 to over 60!!

These courses are completely nonprofit, and all of the instructors are there because they want to help... not because it is an extra paycheck! All class fees go towards location rentals and sponsering a class to any victims of abuse.

For further information, and to receive a notice for when the next class is going to be held, please send an email to bushidowsd@hotmail.com or visit OUR WEBSITE!

This course is stock full of wonderful information, so please don't be shy in contacting us! Come out and bring a friend, sister, or mother... (again, this is a course for women only). Not only will you leave feeling more confident about your ability to protect yourself, you will also have an unforgetable experience!

We look forward to hearing from you!

xposted to a community I just created: selfdefense101 Feel free to check it out!

new!

Hello. I'm Tanya; I'm 17 years old. I was raped when I was 13. And my life has been hell ever since.. I don't trust anybody anymore. I have been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder, Social Anxiety, PTSD.. I can't figure out how to do the LJ cut so I can't tell you my story yet, but I really need to let it out because its eating away at me. If you want to know a little bit about my story you can always read my journal... But some things may be trigger.
eye shadow

(no subject)

My boyfriend and I had a long talk the other night.
He told me I treat him like my father because I so desperately need one in my life now that mine is gone. I tried to tell him it wasn't true, but then he brought up the times when I can't be touched or kissed or anything by him because it makes me feel dirty.
He told me the only reason I would feel like that is because I see him as my father.

Does this happen to anyone else?

I need to know I'm not alone..

I thought about calling my daddy the other day. It's sooooo hard loving him and hating him at the same time. I don't know what to do, what to think. BAH!
I miss the crap out of him and I never want to see him again.
I want him to be happy but I want him to suffer.

And it still bothers me that he knows he hurt me.
When my mom read her speech in court telling him of all the ways I am fucked up, I wanted to just crawl in a corner and die. I am supposed to appear strong in front of my daddy! I really hate that he knows how weak he made me.
Ugh.

I miss him. But I hate him.
I don't know anymore.