July 9th, 2005

Clumsy

Poem posting due to broken AC

My AC broke for the second time last night. Since it was absolutely sweltering in my apartment, I decided to come to work and use the internet here at 2 o'clock in the morning (I couldn't even find a 24 hour *bucks).

So on the completely unrelated note, I'm posting a poem I wrote a couple of months ago for a reading I did. Despite the title, I don't think this poem will be triggering (I cut it anyway). It is about the things you focus on instead. The things that seem strangely meaningful, the little details you still remember when everything else gets jumbled.

Collapse )

I submitted this for the second round of the writing group I'm in. And somehow, the prospect of hearing feedback from these women is more intimidating that reading it for a class of undergraduates at my alma matter (an engineering college). I think I sufficiently shocked the hell out of them. After I finished, the only question about that poem was "What was the title?"

I get a huge kick out of shocking the delicate left-brained sensibilities of my fellow engineers/scientists. Mmwwwhhhaaaa, haaa, haaaa! <--The evil engineer laugh.

Oh, and this is my first post to this community. So, uh, hiya.
booze

xoxo

wow I haven't posted in awhile. Just thought I'd say hey and remind you all that i <3 you tons. more later but for now...lots of love
  • Current Music
    For you. by lars frederiksen and the bastards

(no subject)

Has anyone here ever called a hotline? Is there one you personally had a good experiance with?

The prospect of calling really scares me. I've only called one in my life and that was when I was very suicidal... the woman was just like "o-kay" and put me on hold, even though it was a hotline specifically for suicidal people. Now I'm afraid they're all like that and I'm going to wind up feeling worse.

Also, if you could tell me what to expect, that would be great...