January 20th, 2005

Brittany the Chipette!

just sharing with you all...

Hello group! I am just checking in with what's up with me. I hope you are all well and the like. I am reading a section on confronting people in the Courage to Heal. It is kinda heavy. I have been really open with it to some people-my close family (mom, sis and bro, grandparents on mom's side and my aunt whom I live with) and my friends from college all know, and my best girlfriend. lol-it sounds like I told everyone! My dad, who did the abusing, is dead, and his side of the family does not know. They would never believe me. We've always wondered if he'd abused me, all my life, and they have always been very sure to make note that they didn't think he did. "He loved you so much" is what they say a lot. I'm starting to think though, I don't have to tell them in order to heal better. It would be nice, and there are times when I would so love to be validated with them taking notice of the truth, but I don't NEED it. Anyways-what do you guys think? What are your experiences with telling and not telling? I'm looking for understanding and different ways to go about this, so if you have a minute, please post back! Thanks! :-) -Brittany