. (joonzmoon) wrote in _survivors_,
joonzmoon
_survivors_

Changes to Thought-Stirring Questions

Hello, Survivors! 

Thanks to all who participated in the poll we posted concerning Thought-Stirring Questions.  sistahraven and I discussed the input you provided and determined that we would make a few changes to reflect your suggestions:

• Thought-Stirring Questions will be posted each week on Sundays from now on.
    • If, for some reason, sistahraven or I are going to be away on a Sunday, we will at least try to post the TSQs on a Friday or Saturday to keep them to weekend dates.  
  • Any text preceding the Thought-Stirring Questions will be placed under an LJ-cut with the appropriate trigger warnings.
    • We feel that the longer, textual explanations and anecdotes can be very helpful for skill-building and would like to continue to include them.  By placing them under a cut, we hope to respect your needs for trigger warnings and time restraints while also giving you an opportunity to be able to go back and read through the text later on, at a time when you're feeling more stable and/or want further information about the topic.  In short: it will be your choice to read or disregard the accompanying text.
  • We will only ask two or three Thought-Stirring Questions per post.
    • Many of you commented that five or six questions were overwhelming, so we will attempt to condense the questions and allow you to focus more specifically on condensed themes.
  • We will continue to tag Thought-Stirring Questions and place them in Memories for your future use.
    • Many of you said that this had been very helpful and we are pleased to be able to continue to provide this organizational service for you!  :-)
  • Future Thought-Stirring Questions will directly reflect the suggested themes and ideas you provided in the poll.
    • sistahraven and I split up a list of suggestions you made and plan to address each of them.  Thank you so much for voicing your thoughts.  We are glad to tackle these themes and look forward to being able to make them a part of each week's post.  You provided enough suggestions to last us through about December, at which point we may even post another poll to ask for more!  In the meantime, please feel free to email us at survivormod@gmail.com or PM either of us at any time with additional ideas or suggestions.

We hope that these changes are helpful to you and enable you to get the most out of the Thought-Stirring Questions every week.

On a final note, I'd like to mention that the Thought-Stirring Questions are just that: thought-stirring.  They are often contain complicated themes that may be processed, analyzed and experienced differently by each individual, depending on his or her own unique past, personality and opinions.  There are absolutely no right or wrong answers to any Thought-Stirring Question, and we encourage you all to share whatever thoughts, questions or opinions you might have regarding any topic at any time, so long as you feel comfortable.  Provided that all community rules are being followed and comments are presented in a way that is respectful to others, all thoughts and opinions are welcome here.

Thanks so much again for your help! 

I'm looking forward to posting the next TSQ tomorrow morning!  :-)
Tags: community update, mod post: announcement
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 3 comments