jadenfox (jadenfox) wrote in _survivors_,
jadenfox
jadenfox
_survivors_

• Mood:

question- got scared.....may trigger? (has been edited and I added more info in a comment)

(edited 2 times, 930 eastern is the most recent comment by me.)

sorry guys, I cant this post to edit, so here is another trigger warning or 2:  weird episode of violence toward a pet, anger, feelings, non detailed mention of past fears and experiances.

ok guys.  I live with my boyfriend, my dog and my parrot.  On friday night my dog was all worked up and playing really hard.  He jumps from the chair to the couch alot when he is in this mood.  On this particular day, my boyfriend was having a so-so down day and was a little grumpy.  I have never once been afraid of him in the 4.5 years we have been together.  SO anyway- he was laying on the couch and I was on the chair, when my dog jumped from behind me on the chair onto the couch- and since my BF was laying on- landed on his head. It hurt- alot apparently.  So my BF jumps up and runs to the bathroom to make sure he was not bleeding or whatever, and about 5-10 minutes later comes storming into the living room, and kicks my dog in the hips.  Hard enough to lift him off the ground a little.  He had the scariest look in his eyes that I have ever seen (well except for.......you know...)  I got up, grabbed the dog and screamed at him.  I was so scared that I thought my chest was going to explode. Then I left, taking the dog, and when I came home he was still grumpy and refused to apolagize.  I told him to go sleep on the couch and we would figure things out the next day- I was too scared and upset to think clearly.  He was being a total jackass.  The next day I left work early to beat him home- not sure what to do, and not wanting my dog home alone with him.  When he came home he apolagized and said he would move out if I wanted him too.  I said no, but told him how scared he made me, and how mean I thought what he did was.  I told him that I didnt want kick him out over this, but let him know that if something like this ever happens again and I do ask him to leave- that it is over between us and not ever to try to reconcile.  I will not live that way ever again.  He kept apolagizing and was really upset that he hurt me like this.  He has never done something like this before. 

So my question is, did I do the right thing? or should I kick him out? I told him that I may be alittle cautious around him for a while because he freeaked me out, and he has been extremly respectful of boundaries since and has alsomade amends with the dog...

help..
Tags: abuse: animal, seeking opinions
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 17 comments