?

No account? Create an account
_Survivors_
A safe space to share stories and ask questions
Dear fucking professor Terrel. Yes, I was out of it in fucking class… 
16th-Feb-2009 12:10 pm
Vine snake
Dear fucking professor Terrel. Yes, I was out of it in fucking class today, and no I could not translate Caesar, and yes, I just gave the fuck up, and, no, I have not been in class as much as I should.

And, no, you do not have any way of knowing that I have not slept for a week, and have been dealing with massive, painful body dysphoria on a daily basis, because the thought of being viewed as female-bodied by my rapist again now that he's off scot-fucking-free is the most horrific thing in the world to me.

But seriously, I have more important things to deal with than the fact that I'm failing at Latin, and lay the fuck off, because I ust can't fucking handle a guilt trip about my fucking homework on top of everything else right now, okay?

And for the love of god, stop calling me 'miss.' I have asked you not to a million times before, and it is not fucking polite, it is fucking triggering.</l-cut>
Comments 
16th-Feb-2009 09:31 pm (UTC)
::big safe hugs:: Have you tried talking with your school's counseling department? They can make sure your prof knows you have good reason to be behind on your work, and can make absolutely sure he uses the correctly gendered pronouns for you as well. PTSD and GID (I hate that term - there's nothing disordered about being trans) both fall under the Americans with Disabilities Act, and you have protection under the law.
17th-Feb-2009 05:18 am (UTC)
Thank you. That was really immensely helpful.
17th-Feb-2009 05:25 am (UTC)
You're welcome! I'm glad to help. A lot of people don't know that schools can offer help and intervention, and sometimes that can make all the difference!
17th-Feb-2009 05:50 pm (UTC)
I agree with sistahraven. It's discrimination and harassment for your professor to refer to you as female.

Also, does your school have GLBT support services?
16th-Feb-2009 09:53 pm (UTC)
*safe hugs*
i second the school counseling department suggestion.
16th-Feb-2009 11:17 pm (UTC)
*safe hugs*
17th-Feb-2009 01:46 am (UTC)
**safe hugs if you want them**

I hated having to deal with school after that. :(
This page was loaded Sep 15th 2019, 8:18 am GMT.