?

No account? Create an account
_Survivors_
A safe space to share stories and ask questions
So anxious. I don't know why. An anniversary is coming up and that's… 
11th-Sep-2008 12:23 am
So anxious. I don't know why. An anniversary is coming up and that's been kind of on my mind, but it's still 1.5 months away. It's just bothering me and I feel really uncomfortable right now and unsafe. I have so much going through my brain right now. I'm sorry to take up space in the community with my post.
Comments 
11th-Sep-2008 05:09 am (UTC)
You're not taking up space. What good would we be if we weren't allowed to just vent?

Just try to remember the anniversary is just another day. You are okay, and nothing bad it going to happen. Anniversaries use to bother me too. :(
11th-Sep-2008 09:35 am (UTC)
I agree with the previous comment. If we didn't post in here, there wouldn't be much point! :)

I'm not sure what to say about anniversaries. I have no idea of the dates of my abuse, only that the worst of it was within a few months after school started. But I always feel really ...like it's the end of the world from around the middle of August through most of September. And I absolutely love winter, with the cold and snow!

Sometimes it helps me a little just to know why I feel so bad... Please be good to you.

Take care,
Steve
11th-Sep-2008 03:33 pm (UTC)
*bug safe hugs* You aren't taking up space. You're reaching out.

Anniversaries are hard. I don't know if they ever get any easier. Be kind to yourself as you go through these emotions. They are valid, and we're here to help support you through this.

Take care of yourself.
13th-Sep-2008 12:13 am (UTC)
strangely enough, an anniversary for me is also coming up in 1.5 months and i have also been more anxious of it. i was horrible last year around that time until i realized that anniversaries can do that to you.
and you are not taking up space, the community for letting out feelings. :o)
This page was loaded Nov 15th 2019, 8:19 am GMT.