Brittany the Keyblade Master! (magic730dreams) wrote in _survivors_,
Brittany the Keyblade Master!
magic730dreams
_survivors_

doctor

Okay-well, my doctor thingy went well. He was a nice guy. My current diagnosis is: (it's kinda long) Type A Depression, PTSD, Type A Eatting Disorder, and Slight Phsycosis.

He says I was majorly depressed, but thinks I've made tons of progress in the last 6 months when I started working on it all. He says I'm a little young (only 18) to say I have "real" phsycosis, so he says "we'll see more as time goes on".

He upped my meds in Prozac, and says that the reason I've been halucanationg is due to stress from the flashbacks. He thinks my mind didn't know how to cope with it, so I started to see other types of things in addition to the flashes. (human minds are SO weird...) The upped dosage should lower anxitety, and calm me enough to get the halucinations to stop. He says that it help the flashbacks, but really that's just the condition of PTSD, and he said I'm doing everything I could do to help.

Overall, a pretty positive visit. I just wish medication could do more, or I could, and it didn't end with a "it's just the condition" sentence. Ohwell-work in progress, right? How is everyone else doing? Ttyl! -Brittany

Tags: doctor appt, hallucinations, medication
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 2 comments