?

No account? Create an account
_Survivors_
A safe space to share stories and ask questions
I Feel Dead Inside 
22nd-Apr-2008 04:04 pm
bloodybear
This housing shit has me spinning...the more I try, the harder it gets...I'm still sinking and I'm not coming out of this depression like I normally do...this has been nearly 2 solid months...I'm looking to see where some of the addresses are, and most are in the Tenderloin(rough neighborhood), and Bayview/Hunters Point...EXTREMELY rough neighborhood(some bus drivers won't even go there(and I wouldn't feel safe there at all)...sometimes the pain is just too damn much......

Comments 
22nd-Apr-2008 11:17 pm (UTC)
I don't really know your situation sweetie, but I'm sending you some safe hugs if you'd like them. Moving's really stressful. I lived in a rough area for a while and it was triggering sometimes but at least I had my own place. As I said, I don't really know your situation though. Thinking of you.
22nd-Apr-2008 11:25 pm (UTC)
I can always use safe hugs...my situation, to put it mildly, sucks...I live in a SRO(single room occupancy)...sharing a bathroom with several other people(about 20 or so) and a shower with about 40 or so...nightly screaming, vending machine crashed behind my head...$600 a month, and my total income is $850...I'm trying to find a place with my own bathroom....and its a bitch
22nd-Apr-2008 11:35 pm (UTC)
I'm so sorry
I wish things were a little easier for you right now
I've never had to go housing but I get how utterly frustrating it can be
no wonder you're stressed
-big huge safe hugs-
Sending all my good thoughts your way!!
22nd-Apr-2008 11:57 pm (UTC)
I'm sending all my good thoughts your way...finding housing makes a normal person stressed, someone like me(BiPolar, anxiety issues, trust issues, PTSD, panic attacks, etc etc....)makes you insane, you qualify for one kind of housing, but not the other...my SSI is about $850 a month...my current rent is $600...add $50 for my cell, $30 for my internet and home phone,...cat food and litter, tampax, meds and a little bit of food...and that's all she wrote...you can't save any money, theres nothing left to save...its like running in a hamster wheel....you just keep spinning
23rd-Apr-2008 12:12 am (UTC)
Thank you!
Man- that sounds like a lot of bullshit!
Where I live it's well into the $1000 for a 2 bedroom apartment
(and that's in the shit neighborhoods)
It seems everywhere is expensive

Hey, lets make a commune
where nobody hurts anybody else
and where things are free
and life is rainbows and candycanes XD
hmmmm... yeah what a pipe dream lmao
23rd-Apr-2008 12:52 am (UTC)
Hmmm, I live in San Francisco, one of the most expensive cities in the world(somewhere between Paris and New York)...I pay $600 for a space probably about the size of your bathroom...with a full size fridge, twin bed, computer desk, storage trunk, and small nightstand with my microwave and coffeepot, and a small sink...I share a bathrrom and a shower with several people...I'm lucky if I can find a studio for $1000...but since I'm on SSI, I can't afford that...my docotr is trying to get me into a place that is only 30% of your income...that would mean I could have a decent safe place to live, and be able to eat every night(not just ramen,lol)...yea a commune...rainbows and candycanes and puppies...I would live there...
23rd-Apr-2008 12:59 am (UTC)
OMFG I am beyond jealous
My whole high school career all I wanted to do was move to San Francisco
(I live in Maryland)
it's even in my year book lol!!
Yeah, I heard it was expensive as hell!!

-crosses fingers that your doc will come through-

that commune would be awesome
oh and don't forget plenty of classic rock
ac/dc all night long =D
23rd-Apr-2008 12:49 am (UTC)
On a mod note, hun: This needs to be under a cut as it's triggering. A description of "depression, housing problems" would be good. I don't have time to respond now, but I will later.
23rd-Apr-2008 01:32 am (UTC)
Soo soorry, wasn't thinking...please forgive me... ;)
23rd-Apr-2008 03:20 am (UTC)
I'm not upset at all - just wanted to make sure it was under a cut
23rd-Apr-2008 07:41 pm (UTC)
ok, cool! :)
23rd-Apr-2008 01:51 pm (UTC)
*safe hugs* Hang in there, hun. You'll find a new place soon. Nothing like this is forever if you don't want it to be. Keep looking for a new place!
23rd-Apr-2008 07:32 pm (UTC)
Thanks, I'm hanging in, it just keeps getting harder and harder to hold on...housing is a bitch, I only make a little over $800 a month, and almost everything starts out at $700 for a studio(if you're extremely lucky)...right now, I'm paying $602 for a room the size of a bathroom, with no cooking facilities or a private bath...
23rd-Apr-2008 04:47 pm (UTC)
sorry that things are so bad at the moment. Hang in there, it will get better. Am thinking of you

*safe hugs* if you would like them
23rd-Apr-2008 07:23 pm (UTC)
Thanks so much for thinking of me...I can always use hugs... huggzz back! :)
This page was loaded Nov 21st 2019, 5:46 am GMT.