?

No account? Create an account
_Survivors_
A safe space to share stories and ask questions
Happy International Women's Day! 
8th-Mar-2008 09:54 am
pussies unite
Hi all,
I hope this is okay to post here, let me know if otherwise.
I am participating in the Third Annual Walk for Change benefiting the Boston Area Rape Crisis Center.
Please help sponsor me by donating at the following link and spreading the link around anywhere you can think of: http://www.firstgiving.org/rayabarcc2008
Thank you! Let's make violence history!

x-posted
Comments 
9th-Mar-2008 04:20 am (UTC)
Do they do anything like that in the state of Virginia?
10th-Mar-2008 03:24 am (UTC)
i'm sure they do, if you just do a search for local rape crisis/ domestic violence programs. if there isn't something, you should definitely start something!
10th-Mar-2008 05:00 am (UTC)
Oh cool, you're doing it again this year :) Two folks I know will be walking with you! :)
10th-Mar-2008 02:36 pm (UTC)
Awe thank you for noticing! You're the best.
And hurray that is wonderful! I hope to meet them!
11th-Mar-2008 04:09 am (UTC)
Yeah, I remember you posting about it last year (and I think the year before, too, right?). BARCC is such a great organization. I'm hoping to walk next year :)
11th-Mar-2008 03:18 pm (UTC)
Last year was my first. How awesome are you?!
Yes i am learning more and more about BARCC and hope to volunteer with them soon.
You can't walk this year? Can i ask why, or is it personal?
12th-Mar-2008 03:53 am (UTC)
The only reason I can't this year is that I'm a new mom. Doing the walk this year would be a huge juggle of timing and babysitting, etc since the baby's only five months old. Last year I couldn't do it because I was on bedrest with the pregnancy. :P

So next year, I'm hoping to walk and bring my daughter along for the journey. She'd totally be hip with supporting BARCC - a few of our friends have gotten free counseling through them.
This page was loaded Nov 17th 2019, 4:44 am GMT.