?

No account? Create an account
_Survivors_
A safe space to share stories and ask questions
"TRADE" 
25th-Feb-2008 06:32 pm
Yeah... I don't recomend anyone watching this movie.  The entire thing is a trigger. =(

Just a heads up...
Comments 
25th-Feb-2008 11:40 pm (UTC)
Thanks for the warning hon, and I hope you're feeling ok. I watch something reeeeally safe like cartoons or old Friends episodes if I've watched something really triggering, it helps to replace the images in my head with safer ones. *safe hugs if you'd like them*
26th-Feb-2008 02:23 am (UTC)
Thanks =)

::hugs::
26th-Feb-2008 05:35 am (UTC)
Thanks for the warning!
27th-Feb-2008 06:38 am (UTC)
the first episode of twin peaks was really triggering for me, we only got 10 minutes into it because my friend noticed that i completely disassociated (i didnt say anything). buffulo 66 was too, and i loved that movie. also what the bleep do we know was really triggering.
i get really worried about watching movies with people now in case its triggering. it fucking sucks :(
27th-Feb-2008 02:38 pm (UTC)
It does fucking suck, and quite frustrating. I would like to be able to watch a movie without getting upset about it. Another one that triggered me was Memuars of a Giesha. I was out with my Aunt to see that one, and she couldn't figure out what was wrong with me.

>=(
28th-Feb-2008 04:10 am (UTC)
a really random one for me was Lady in the Water, as I'm a self-injurer and it got graphic at times. It was one of the rare times I was with a fellow SI-er and we just were looking at each other going, "Wow, this is triggering, isn't it?"
28th-Feb-2008 05:54 am (UTC)
Really? I watched that once, and I don't think I remember what scene you're talking about.

I don't usually get SI triggers unless it's someone being cut with something or cutting themselves.
This page was loaded Nov 22nd 2019, 7:12 am GMT.