?

No account? Create an account
_Survivors_
A safe space to share stories and ask questions
Sometimes... 
11th-Feb-2008 09:11 pm
Speak My Mind
I am a Social Worker and a Drug and Alcohol Counselor... I try to be strong for my clients who range in age from ten years old through late adulthood.

My sessions in Individual Counseling, Group Therapy, and Family Intervention aren't the most difficult times for me. While sitting in traffic on my way home in the dark, when I am alone with my thoughts, when I am faced with down time... I struggle with my own demons.

I want you all to know that I find courage to get through each day because of you. Each one of you brings your own unique story to this group, to this Community, and to my life. We may never talk, we may never meet, this message may never reach you in a more individualized manner than the words in front of you now... but please know that in this moment, you matter.

Thank you for being here.

I've found you find strength in your moments of weakness... And I know there's no guarantees, but I'm not alone...
Comments 
12th-Feb-2008 02:45 am (UTC)
Thank you for saying these things.
And for finding the strength to continue wrestling with your own demons.
I am currently writing my application for a masters in counseling psychology and i have been crying all weekend telling my story in my autobiographical essay. Thank you for reminding me that the work i have done in healing will be my greatest strength for the career I am about to jump into.
12th-Feb-2008 03:52 am (UTC)
Randomness alert!

Just wanted to say that, while I'm not a big fan of Rascal Flatts, I absolutely love love LOVE that song.
:)
12th-Feb-2008 04:39 am (UTC)
Thanks, hun.
12th-Feb-2008 04:56 am (UTC)
You matter too!!!! =)
This page was loaded Nov 13th 2019, 5:37 pm GMT.