?

No account? Create an account
_Survivors_
A safe space to share stories and ask questions
Psychology study concerning PTSD 
31st-Jan-2008 07:12 pm
heart_flying_b&w
We are looking for volunteers to help us with a study exploring the relationship between personality, bad dreams and life events. The study is specifically interested in identifying whether particular personality variables affect nightmare content and frequency following traumatic events.

If you wish to take part, your participation will take approximately 30 minutes, during which time you will fill in a series of online questionnaires available here:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=JnPA2xZtC04AARRzQqtaYw_3d_3d

Your data will be kept confidential and securely stored, with only a number attached to each participant, and therefore it will not be possible to link any set of data with any individual. All information collected for the project will be destroyed when no longer needed. Taking part in this study is completely voluntary; you may withdraw at any time without having to give any reason. Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have about this study at any point.

The survey is completely anonymous, so please do not write your name anywhere on the questionnaire. The findings of the study will be clear by March 2008. If you would like to be forwarded a copy of a summary of these findings, please email one of the student researchers and one will be sent to you.

This project has been reviewed, according to procedures specified by the University of Reading Research Ethics Committee, and allowed to proceed.

Thank you for your help.

Celeste, Ruth and Tim

Supervisor:
Dr T.I. Williams
Email: sxswiams@reading.ac.uk
Phone: 0118 931 5800 (clinic)

Experimenters:
Celeste Alexander-Allen: sxu05cba@rdg.ac.uk
Ruth Crocker: sxu05rac@rdg.ac.uk
Comments 
1st-Feb-2008 03:54 am (UTC)
30 minutes? Took me 10. :D
1st-Feb-2008 08:44 pm (UTC)
I've never been diagnosed with PTSD, and my dreams are more unpleasant than nightmares - I experience pshycological abuse in them and they are unpleasant and distressing but not your typical "terrifying", PTSD nightmare. It's an interesting survey and I'd be glad to participate because I've been having more difficulty than usual sleeping well lately. But I don't know if I meet the criteria?
2nd-Feb-2008 02:28 pm (UTC)
It doesn't matter if you haven't been diagnosed as having PTSD, this questionnaire is looking at your personality, dream experiences and also has questions regarding any traumatic events you may have experienced, so please go ahead. Thank you for being willing to participate and helping with our research. :)
4th-Feb-2008 03:56 pm (UTC)
okies done. good luck! :)
4th-Feb-2008 04:29 pm (UTC)
It only too me a few minutes as well.
This page was loaded Nov 20th 2019, 3:00 pm GMT.