?

No account? Create an account
_Survivors_
A safe space to share stories and ask questions
I have 80 paracetamol sitting beside the laptop in front of me and I… 
30th-Nov-2007 06:10 pm
I have 80 paracetamol sitting beside the laptop in front of me and I am contemplating how long it would take me to die if I took them all right now.

I know that paracetamol overdose isn't a very wonderful way to go. I know that. But I have no gun, no way to hang myself, I have nothing else to OD on and I can't cut myself deep enough to bleed to death.

I'm so fed up of being expected to keep on fighting.
Comments 
30th-Nov-2007 06:24 pm (UTC)
Hun, no death is a wonderful way to go. Have you called anyone? You should talk to someone about this. Look in your phone book or online for the toll free hotline number.

Please don't take those pills. :-(
30th-Nov-2007 06:26 pm (UTC)
First of all, please call for help. If you have no one to talk to at the moment, call 911.

Also, paracetamol is a terrible idea, it will end up causing you more health problems and even in the case where someone takes an irreversibly toxic dose, there are many days of painful agony.

I understand the urge to self-destruct and die because I've been there. But death is unknown to us all and we don't know if it will make it better. I know there are ways to make it better while you're alive. Please hang in there, get some help, and come back and talk to us. We're all here to support you and you will get better, just give yourself the time to.
30th-Nov-2007 06:53 pm (UTC)
If you have a therapist, please try to call him/her. If not, call the RAINN hotline or 911. The old argument still stands: If you're that set on committing suicide, then it won't hurt to at least spend a few minutes venting to someone, right?

But please don't take the pills. They will put you in great agony and pain and possibly cause serious damage that leave you alive and impaired. I don't want you to die. There are people in your life you love you and all of us on the community want to support you.

I hope you are able to take a few breaths and start to calm down; you posted here so you have not given up yet.

Please tell us how things are going in a while after you are able to talk to someone.
2nd-Dec-2007 05:02 pm (UTC)
You don't need to fight to just rest for a bit and take a breather. That doesn't mean suicide, it just means you put all that stuff on hold for a time, do what you want, and keep in mind that you're recovering as though from an illness, and so it's natural you'll be fatigued (even if only emotionally) and not have the wherewithal to do much.
This page was loaded Nov 20th 2019, 4:57 pm GMT.