?

No account? Create an account
_Survivors_
A safe space to share stories and ask questions
So yesterday I was walking downtown like I do every freaking day… 
22nd-Sep-2007 11:58 am

So yesterday I was walking downtown like I do every freaking day and there's this group of guys on the side of the street. I was about to walk into them, so I moved and this guy reaches out and puts his hand around my waist. I shook him off and kept walking. And I just kept walking. I was so increadibly freaked out. I was shaking and I couldn't take deep breaths. It was SO scary. I walked around downtown by myself for a while because I didn't want to go home while I was this upset. I'm still kind of upset. I hate when stupid shit like this happens and freaks me out.

Then, a friend and I decided to go to the movies, which calmed me down a lot. We went to see Resident Evil: Extinction, which was bad ass, but there was a rape trigegr at the very beginning that I thought I would post. There's a part whent the main character is in this building and she's been ambushed by this group of people. Then, a man advances on her like he's going to try to rape her, but then she kills him.
Comments 
22nd-Sep-2007 06:43 pm (UTC)
Oh man, I was so excited that it came out yesterday, but I haven't seen it yet. Thanks for the warning though, now I know what to expect.

I can't believe some people think that's okay to do that to strangers. I hope you're okay.
24th-Sep-2007 01:13 am (UTC)
It was awesome. Not that it was quality cinema, but it's zombies. It doesn't need to be quality.
:-)

And I don't understand.
I don't know why this shit happens to me. I mean, I was with a much more attractive friend and he didn't try to touch her.
22nd-Sep-2007 11:39 pm (UTC)
Wow... I'd have been freaked out, too. A complete stranger reaching out and touching me like that? ::shudders:: I don't know which of my fight or flight responses would have taken hold fastest.

And thanks for the trigger warning!
24th-Sep-2007 01:14 am (UTC)
My fight responses come on after the flight. So I usually just end up veyr angry, wishing I had done something, but knowing that at the time, I didn't know what COULD happen.
23rd-Sep-2007 12:20 am (UTC)
**hugs** One time I had a guy try to get my attention and when I ignored him, he grabbed me by the wrist and turned me around.

UGH! It's scary ♥ Take care
24th-Sep-2007 01:15 am (UTC)
Why do people do that kind of stuff?
It's completly beyond me.
24th-Sep-2007 01:23 am (UTC)
My guess? Because they just don't care about people's personal space. The guy that grabbed me? Known *R*.
24th-Sep-2007 01:25 am (UTC)
Yeah. It's just one of those things that *I* am so aware of and I feel like other people are too, but they're not.
:-/
24th-Sep-2007 01:07 am (UTC)
God, I HATE that some people think it's actually okay to that. Seriously, what kind of ancient "logic" was running through his non-existent mind?! I would have freaked out, too. *Offers safe hugs*
24th-Sep-2007 01:16 am (UTC)
Thank you for the safe hugs.
I'm glad that I'm not the only person who thinks like this. I mean, if every logical person I know thinks he was nuts, what was his problem?
Ugh.
This page was loaded Nov 17th 2019, 9:53 am GMT.