?

No account? Create an account
_Survivors_
A safe space to share stories and ask questions
Dream 
10th-Jul-2007 11:34 am
I don't think it will trigger anyone...but I'm going to put it behind a cut anyways. Possible trigger for running away from an unknown attacker...
I've had this dream many many times....and I had it again last night....so I thought I would write it down on here...

I'm running through this wooded area...I can't see what I'm running from...all I know is if I stop and he catches me I will die. So I'm running...and I trip over someone I know from school...I start jumping up and down in front of her screaming...but she can't hear me. I try to grab a hold of her...and I go right through her. Suddenly he's getting really close to me...so I take off running again. I trip over someone else I knew from school...and repeat the whole process of trying to get them to help me...and he starts getting real close again...so I start running. I do this about 6 times...and then I'm through the woods...and into a clearing. I see someone that I love dearly in the middle of the field...and I try to run to them...but I'm not getting any closer to them. She starts walking towards me...and she walks right by me not hearing me or seeing me. I stop where I am...and he catches me. Before I can see who he is...I wake up.

When I wake up I'm scared out of my mind...I have no clue what to do...I'm swinging my arms trying to get free from this guy. When I open my eyes I realize that I'm in my bed...
I don't know what the dream means or anything like that...I just needed to get it off my chest. I really hope I don't have the dream again tonight.
Comments 
10th-Jul-2007 04:10 pm (UTC)
On a mod note: this could be triggering, so can you add a trigger description before the cut or in the cut text? "running away from an unknown attacker" is the best description for this trigger that I can think of - thanks!
10th-Jul-2007 05:11 pm (UTC)
sorry...didn't think...i fixed it though...thanks for telling me..I don't want to trigger anyone...especially if they haven't been warned by a trigger warning...
10th-Jul-2007 05:33 pm (UTC)
Awesome, thanks for changing it! Not everyone knows all the triggers, so no worries - that's what we're here for :)
(Deleted comment)
10th-Jul-2007 05:10 pm (UTC)
Thanks rachel...I can't really think of anything that triggered it...but I'll continue thinking. Thanks for wanting to help.
(Deleted comment)
10th-Jul-2007 06:18 pm (UTC)
My therapist at the time told me that dreams like that (running from something frightening) basically are about the underlining theme/feelings...you're trying to escape something scary, whether it be a memory, or a feeling, or a trigger.
As for the friend...maybe it represents people who haven't noticed your cries for help? Or your worries that they won't listen to you and get somehow involved in the same dangerous situation?

I'm not a psychologist, either, but I have been through 10 years of therapy so I've heard of lot of interesting dream theories thrown around (I've had similar re-occuring dreams). It sounds like your mind is trying to resolve some kind of issue, and until it processes it...you'll probably keep having the dream, unfortunately.

Sometimes these things can get resolved if you try and think about them before you become fully awake. Can't really explain how it works, but keeping a journal/dream journal seems to help the subconscious work things out. Are you in therapy, by chance, too?

Stay safe.
10th-Jul-2007 07:29 pm (UTC)
Thanks for replying...yes I am currently in therapy...but I don't know how much longer I will be seeing this therapist (long story)...I'm not quite sure on the meaning behind it...but thanks for the theories...
This page was loaded Nov 21st 2019, 12:21 am GMT.