flyawaygurl20 (flyawaygurl20) wrote in _survivors_,
flyawaygurl20
flyawaygurl20
_survivors_

• Mood:

still surviving..

i'm 20/f. a survivor of childhood sexual abuse (by various people), also emotional abuse, a witness of family violence (childhood), verbal abuse and criticism. i am still struggling to overcome all that its made me become. i have never known who 'I' am..never had a voice of my own. always afraid of rejection. i have a fear of people, mostly men. i don't do good in social situations and do not have friends. i basically have a lot of mental health issues that make everyday very hard to keep breathing...BUT..i am still breathing...amazingly..i deal with depression, ocd tendencies, ptsd, anorexia, self-injury, dissociative disorders, generalized anxiety, social phobia and a bit of agoraphobia..they all go on and off..i never know wut i'm going to deal with when i wake up in the morning..makes life..even more chaotic...and..in short, that is a bit about me...
Tags: abuse: csa, abuse: emotional, abuse: verbal, agoraphobia, anxiety, depression, dissociation, eating disorder, family, introductions, obsessive compulsive disorder, ptsd, self-injury
Subscribe

• Thought-Stirring Post: Public Entry

This week's topic is one that has been repeatedly requested by our members, quite possibly because it is not only so prominent a phenomenon, but also…

• Thought Stirring Question: Public

Many survivors struggle to have a healthy relationship with food. For some survivors, body image played a role in their rape or abuse (abuser…

• Thought-Stirring Post: Public Entry

Anxiety seems to be a pretty standard facet in the lives of abuse survivors. For some of us, it's linked to PTSD in the form of hypervigilance or as…

• Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 4 comments