?

No account? Create an account
_Survivors_
A safe space to share stories and ask questions
Time to wake up... 
29th-Jun-2007 11:58 am

It seems silly only because I prepared for tonight before it happened. By the time it became clear Tyler wasn't going to call, I had already rented depressing movies and ordered take out. Three days seems like such a short amount of time, yet it still brought me to tears when my mom asked if he had ditched me. To some level, it didn't bother me because I plan for this sort of thing, but none the less, being reminded that he had in fact not called...hurts.

I rented the movie "Crash" like I do from time to time...And, as always, I cried the entire movie. I warned my mom ahead of time that when a certain scene came about, and I started to cry, that she needed to not say anything, just leave it be...And, she did...at first. She kept quiet until the movie was over. I signed online and from the kitched she proceeded to say "Do you think that changed the cops life, having to save that woman?" I said "Mom, just..stop" and she replied "Well if it changed his ways, it's a good thing I mean...You are grumpy tonight" and finally I said "No mom, but that's the one scene that bothered me so can you just...not?" and that was that.

I wish Tyler had been here to hold my hand or hug me like he did the other night..*sigh*
So, tomorrow will turn out one of two ways. He will call and explain the circumstances in which why he didn't call, and will ask for a re-set date...OR, it's just...done.
Comments 
29th-Jun-2007 03:40 pm (UTC)
::big safe hugs::
29th-Jun-2007 06:53 pm (UTC)
Crash is such an amazing and intense movie on so many levels. I had a similar experience the first time I saw it, which happened to be in a class. The part that upsets me is that it's a very frustrating, but realistic view of society's take on race. I hope I didn't trigger by talking about the movie, I just wanted to share how much that movie means to me.

30th-Jun-2007 01:30 am (UTC)
First I think you're brave to be able to watch that movie. I haven't seen it, and don't know if I ever will because of the impression that I get from it.

*hugs* I saw your update, but wanted to comment here about the movie and stuff.

Just take things one day at a time ♥
30th-Jun-2007 02:05 pm (UTC)
Honestly, other than one scene, i'd definately recommend the movie. It's AMAZING and how all the people's lives come together in the end... But either way I understand your point :) THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE ADVICE
30th-Jun-2007 11:48 pm (UTC)
Hmm, maybe one day I will stop being such a chicken :-p
This page was loaded Nov 14th 2019, 7:25 pm GMT.