Nico Coer (nicocoer) wrote in _survivors_,
Nico Coer
nicocoer
_survivors_

PSA: Myspace bulletin

I finally ran into the bulletin posted about earlier this month:

The title of the bulletin is "daddy no. . . please."

If you are likely to triggter easily, I would suggest ignoring this bulletin. It contains a very triggering poem about sexual abuse/rape and ends with the victim being murdered.

Most disturbing is the note at the end- it implies that if you don't repost, you are "sick" and are "supporting child abuse." here's the buffer notes, minus the poem:

"This is so wrong you are one sick person if you dont repost this i feel for you if
this doesnt touch you because this is just wrong. read this. its disgusting."

[poem is here]

"**... Please if you care for all the children and women who have been raped repost this bulletin with the Headline "daddy no.....please! If you do not repost this you are promoting rape and violence"

This is rather bothersome. I wonder if the person who started this realizes how triggering and negative this would be for the victims? It would be different if this had a less offensive poem- the fact that it ends with the murder of the victim makes this poem the worse one out there to be passed around in the name of supporting the victims of rape. it's also highly explicit. And at the very least, you could title the damn bulletin in a way that's ;ess triggering.

what bothers me, on top of the content, is that the girl who reposted it Is a close friend of mine who I know was a victim of some very extreme sexual abuse and exploitation when she was a child. I wonder what she thought, and if she reposted it out of guilt? What exactly does a bulletin like this DO to a victim? WHy would she/he repost it?

Thank you! I hope that you all avoid having this end up on your myspace!

*safe hugs*

~N~
Tags: abuse: sexual, ptsd, website
Subscribe

• A heads-up

Since many survivors protect the information available about them, I wanted to give you the heads-up about a new service: spokeo.com Spokeo.com is…

• non-profit organization

I'm posting this everywhere today. Cut for: brief mention of sex trade, starting fresh. " Sari Bari is a safe home where women, who have been…

• Just needing to get this out, it's kinda long. Sorry

This is my first post, so I'm sorry if I missed out any warnings. Some if it is detailed. I've been a member here for a wee while, and as I read…

• Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 8 comments