mauvedragon (mauvedragon) wrote in _survivors_,
mauvedragon
mauvedragon
_survivors_

• Mood:

Dad's birthday celebration

We're having a family gathering as a birthday celebration for Dad's birthday. Now Dad's a great guy and a good parent. I have a lot of respect for him as an adult. In short I think he's wonderful. But family celebrations make me anxious because mum is emotionally abusive and I can never tell if we're going to come into conflict until the day. I can't avoid her totally because the amount of avoidance I use already has my extended family going "We don't see you enough". Except for mum my family is great and I want to keep those relationships. So I'm feeling stressed, anxious and nervous all at once.
Tags: contact with abuser, family, female abusers
Subscribe

• Thought-Stirring Post: Mother's Day.

PUBLIC ENTRY Most countries around the world celebrate Mother's Day today, the second Sunday of May. For many of us, the holiday brings mixed…

• Thought-Stirring Question: Setting Boundaries with Parents.

PUBLIC ENTRY Our parents--or the people who raised us--are responsible for nurturing us, guiding us through life, giving us healthy models for…

• (no subject)

Hey, I'm back! I spent... uh, well, actually, I'm just going to cut this whole entry for triggers OF: hospitalization, SI/suicidality [not graphic],…

• Post a new comment

Error

Comments allowed for members only

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 2 comments