Karyn (prosodic) wrote in _subversivewife,
Karyn
prosodic
_subversivewife

Greetings

I just joined, because I saw this community on some of my friends' profiles. Looks like my kind of place.

Anyway, I'm Karyn, 30 years old, and I've been married for almost 2 years (our anniversary is on Tuesday). I live in Germany right now with my husband, who is in the US Air Force, and I gave up any career potential to be with him and to have the opportunity to live in Europe. So I find myself to be a housewife, for the most part. I am also a substitute teacher (a job I don't particularly like, but it pays well) and a freelance writer.

I'm not the typical military wife. I'm not one of these girls who got married right out of high school and went straight from under my parents' wing to under my husband's. I went to college, had a few jobs, went to graduate school. I'm not all about God and apple pie and making babies and RAH RAH RAH AMERICA KICKS EVERYONE'S ASS!! My husband and I are childfree. I'm not religious. And I do make apple pie occasionally, but my prowess in the kitchen is about the only domestic thing I have going for me. I'm also a liberal in the midst of women who worship George W. Bush like he's God.

My life now is eons away from my old life as an academic. I still have a difficult time reconciling the two. But overall, I feel like I'm coming into my own pretty well.

So I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 7 comments