rendzeedee
_starcandy

[fic] Complications - Chapter 7

Title: Complications - Chapter 7
Pairings: JaeMin angst
Rating: PG
Genre: Tragedy
Warnings: Heartache...lots of it...
A/N: Chapter . I think this is the moment you've guys are dying to know.

Summary: After Changmin's "encounter" with Jaejoong in a dream, it's time to face reality.

Chapter: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 5.2 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Final Chapter

Chapter 7

(3 months earlier)

Tiffany, Jaejoong, and I were sitting in our usual spot inside a coffee shop that we always go to. Tiffany loved to gossip. In fairness to her, the news she brought were really juicy.

“Hey Minster,” she always calls me Minster comparing to monster because according to her I eat a lot.

“What?”

“I have good-slash-bad news depending on how you take it,” she said, grinning ear to ear.

“Tiff,” Jaejoong said. “Don’t keep us waiting.”

“So I don’t have to choose if I wanted the good or bad news first right?” I asked, already knowing the answer.

“Of course not. I only have one piece of news,” she said haughtily.

“Well share it then,” I said almost impatiently.

“Yunho has a boyfriend now.

“What?!?!” Jaejoong and I said together.

“Really? Who?” Jaejoong asked.

“Some classmate of his, don’t know his name,” Tiffany replied. “I saw them walking the streets while holding hands.”

“Tiff, just because two people are holding hands doesn’t mean that they’re together,” I said in a matter-of-fact tone.

“Oh come on Minster don’t be naïve,” she said.

“Yeah Changmin-ah,” Jaejoong added. “It’s another reason why you shouldn’t be fawning over him.”

“I’m not in love with him anymore,” I said. I’m in love with you, I added as an afterthought.

They both laughed at me. They probably thought it was cute of me to be a tad bit defensive. I meant what I said. And I most definitely meant what I thought. But since he was with Tiffany I have to keep my mouth shut. It didin’t bother me at all. I still get to see Jaejoong anyway.

(Present)

I stood in front of Jaejoong’s house just staring at it. I was hesitant. I was diving into the unknown. A feeling I despise the most. I had half a mind to go back home but I saw Jaejoong running up to the gate to open it for me.

“Changmin-ah, thanks for coming,” he greeted me with a hug.

“You know I can’t resist you,” I replied as I went inside.

“So you wanna talk? I’m here now so talk.” I said before reaching the front door. I didn’t want to go in. Too many memories.

“I was hoping we could talk inside,” he said casually.

“Fine.” I went in.

The coffee table inside the living room was laden with all my favorite foods. Obviously he knew me too well. But he won’t get off the hook that easily.

“Have a seat Changmin,” he said. I went to my usual chair and felt right at home.

We sat there in awkward silence. Jaejoong was fidgeting, though he was the one who broke the silence first.

“Eat Changmin-ah, I prepared this just for you.”

“I’m not hungry. I just ate,” I replied monotonously.

“Changmin, about the other night–,“ he started, but I cut him off.

“Don’t worry about it. It’s ok,”

“No it’s not. I hurt you. I can see it in your eyes. I can see it now. I’m so sorry. I did not know,” he stared on the floor.

“But now you do and it still doesn’t change the fact. I was humiliated hyung. Don’t you see that? Forget about my feelings for you. You kissed everyone except me what would you expect me think?”

“It’s because I respect you Changmin-ah. I didn’t kiss you because you are more special to me than the both of them,”

I didn’t know if I should be flattered or insulted.

“Respect? Then I’d rather you not respect me.”

“I told you Changmin, you are like a brother to me.”

“I know that,” I said feeling the tears stream down my cheeks. “And that’s what hurts me the most.”

“I have to tell you this Changmin-ah because we promised each other no secrets. I can’t return the love you ask of me. I love you too much like a brother to be involved with you romantically.”

“And you love someone else, right? That’s why you can’t love me back.”

“But I do love you Changmin, like a brother.”

“Stop with the brother nonsense and tell me who is this other guy, or girl, JUST TELL ME,” I stood up. I was angry. I wasn’t able to control the modulation of my voice.

“Please don’t be mad at me Changmin,” a moment’s pause and then, “I’m in love with Yunho.”

“Why did I have the feeling you’re gonna say that,” I laughed, I felt that I’ve lost my mind that time. “Yunho? Seriously? You’ve got to be kidding me. I thought this only happens in tragedies.”

Then I snapped again. I was crying. I sank back down my chair. I placed my head on my hands and started weeping.

“Changmin-ah…” Jaejoong started.

“Anyone but Yunho,” I said in between sobs. “Please Jaejoong, I can’t bear it. Not Yunho please.”

Jaejoong got up and knelt in front of me. He grabbed both my hands.

“I’m sorry Changmin-ah,” he whispered, trying to soothe me. “Please stop crying. But I love him ever since the first time I’ve laid my eyes on him. I was even jealous of you because you two were inseparable.”

“So all this time you were lying to me? You used me so you can have Yunho for yourself.”

“No No No…that’s not true,” he said on the verge of tears. “I have always been there for you, as you to me. I comforted you because you’re my friend. It had nothing to do with my love for Yunho. You have to believe that.”

And frankly I did believe him.

“But Yunho has a boyfriend now,” I said to him.

“Yunho loves me too Changmin-ah, we’ve been seeing each other for a few weeks now. We just can’t tell anyone. I hope you won’t tell anyone either.”

Now the burden is upon me. Jaejoong has placed me in a very compromising situation. But because of my love for him I agreed. I did not know what would come out of this. But because of my undying love for Jaejoong I was ready to compromise anything, even myself, just for him.

“Come on we have to go,” Jaejoong said.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“The gang wants to see you. It’s been a long time since you last shown your face to them.”

I laughed at this. It was still so easy to be around him.

“Thank you Changmin-ah. For everything,” he said to me as I stood up to wash my face.

“Anything for you my love,” I said as a grin flashed across his face.

Tags: author: r, genre: angst, genre: tragedy, length: chaptered, rating: pg
Subscribe

• Post a new comment

Error

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 21 comments
Previous
← Ctrl ← Alt
Next
Ctrl → Alt →
Previous
← Ctrl ← Alt
Next
Ctrl → Alt →