_starcandy

Better Off Dead Chapter 1

Title- Better Off Dead
by- Angelsubaru
Rating- PG
Fandom - Dong Bang Shin Ki
Pairing- Changmin x ?
Warning- Swearing
Summary- Shim, Changmin swears he is going crazy when he starts seeing a ghost who changes his life completely upside down. But the more he learns about the ghost the more Changmin wonders if this person is truly dead.

betteroffdead

Changmin knew he was going crazy, he woke up at a unusual sight before him; there was a guy sitting Indian style on his bed. He was good-looking Changmin admitted he had a dark brown hair color with a small hint of red to it. Full pouty lips and crystal blue eyes. His face was still very boyish. His clothes reminded him of a school uniform, a jacket that had a patch over the left chest and white t-shirt revealed under the open jacket. Around his neck was a scarf stripped blue, gray, red and white colors.
There was only one problem, he was transparent . He could see his desk through the guy.
Taking a double look to see if he was wrong and boy did he wish he was. He was in fact transparent. Sitting up quickly in his bed, Changmin pressed his back against the head board of his bed; letting out a scream.
“Changmin are you okay?”
Changmin looked at his roommate, his short black hair was wet some of it was sticking to his forehead. It had dripped on his long black and white shirt stripped shirt leaving the shoulders wet. His one hand held up his baggy black jeans while the other one rest on his shoulder.
Changmin wasn’t sure what to tell his roommate, that he saw a ghost? Maybe he was seeing stuff. Maybe staying up late watching movies with his roommate was not a good idea.
“Oh… I’m okay Yoochun must’ve had a nightmare.”
“Geezz… give me a heart attack. You sounded like someone was trying to kill you”
Changmin watched Yoochun leave, pulling back the sheets he went through his closet. Setting on a long sleeve white shirt and jeans. He quickly changed his clothes.
Looking in the mirror, Changmin could see the darkness under his chocolate color eyes. Rubbing his fingers through his short brown hair he figure he just go bed head today knowing already he was running late.
Turning around, there he was again the ghost now was sitting back on the same spot in the same position staring at him. His eyes were soft yet confused. He wanted to scream as he pressed himself as far as he could against the wall wishing that he was dreaming. But he remember his roommate, Yoochun, If he screamed he would definitely have to explain it this time around and not be able to blame it on a nightmare.
Changmin didn’t take his eyes off the man, He just sat there like he was a statue, rubbing his eyes he did a double take once again this morning.
“Nope still there and I have finally no more definitely gone crazy” He thought.
“W-w-what do you w-want?” He stumbled over his words, His heart thumped from fear he wonder if it continue if he would burst from his chest., but the ghost just stared at him not moving a inch.
“Say Something!” Changmin voice rose up thinking maybe he couldn’t hear him, but nothing. “ I don’t have time for this!” Changmin yelled again grabbing his book bag running down the stairs to meet up with Yoochun.
The walk to Seoul college was not far, Yoochun though looked at his room mate who in his mind looked like hell.
“Hey you okay Minnie?” he tapped him on the shoulder watching the man break from his own thoughts.
“Um…yeah” Yoochun heard the uncertainty in his voice. “Must be because of staying up too late”
Yoochun knew he was lying now, he didn’t want to press the issue though knowing that it would upset Changmin. He was usually really testy in the morning.
At the school, Changmin stopped walking, she was beautiful in Changmin’s eyes with long straight black hair prefect blue eyes and a dazzling smiling. Always wearing a dress whenever Changmin would see her in school. He wanted badly tell her how he felt about her, for the last year he had been coming to this school but his nervousness always got the best of him.
“You should tell her”
Changmin jumped at the voice and turned to his side he wanted to freak out. The ghost was standing right next to him staring at the women.
“Like hell!” Changmin yelled at him.
“It’s Valentine’s Day the day of love. I can help you.”
“I don’t want your help!” Changmin felt odd why in the world is this ghost following him?
Before Changmin realized he was standing before the girl, tapping her on the shoulder. She turned and looked at him. He felt his heart beat jump a million miles a hour.
“Can I help you?” Changmin’s heart now melted at her voice, but he doesn’t understand how he walked over to her and got the guts to even talk to her. In the corner of his eye he saw the ghost lean towards him whispering in his ear.
“I made these for you and I hope you can return my feelings, I really like you!”
“AHH..! What the hell?!” Changmin’s mind screamed. Looking down he saw the perfectly wrapped handmade chocolate cookies that he had made yesterday in his hands. He remembered wrapping them up in the purple wrapping paper with green ribbon. But he left it on his desk at home knowing he wouldn’t have the guts to give them to her.
“This ghost whispered in my ear and I repeated him! I would never do something like this. Oh my god I feel stupid.” Changmin’s mind felt like it was going to explode.
“I’m sorry I can’t return the feelings. My heart belongs to another person” the girl finally spoke.
“Now I really feel stupid” Changmin saw the ghost lean towards him again. It felt like his legs were glue to the ground.
“It is okay I understand please though I made these for you. I wish for you to have them. Please be happy with the person you love”
The ghost whispered in his ear and Changmin couldn’t believe it he heard his own voice once again repeat it. He felt the girl take the package from him and thank him before running off to catch up with her friends.
Feeling the ghost pull away, Changmin felt his mind become more clear.
“What the hell did you do to me!?”
“I only helped you”
“Help!? I was turned down…”
“At least now you know.”
Changmin couldn’t stand look at the ghost anymore walking away he could tell he was following him.
Sighing Changmin wondered if he should go to the library to find books on ghosts but shook his head at the thought. He had never believed in ghosts maybe if he stopped paying attention to him he would disappear or maybe he thought his over reacted mind made him up from the lack of sleep and stress of school.
The day seem simple until lunch time walking in the lunch room Changmin saw the girls whispering to each other and looking in his direction.
“Great already around the school” He decided it was best he went outside, once again the ghost was right beside him.
“Just don’t pay attention to him Changmin he will go away” He told himself but the ghost sat down Indian style in front of him.
“What’s wrong?” his voice was soft.
“Geezz…I wonder I have become a laughing stock of the school cause of what you did.” Sighing hard Changmin decided there was no use in talking about it, it had already happened.
“What’s your name?” Changmin’s mind surely wasn’t thinking then again he really didn’t care he just wanted to talk about something else.
“I can’t remember”
“You don’t remember your name? Well that sucks”
“Oh Thanks” Changmin watched the ghost puffed his cheeks out finding it rather cute.
“What! No! No! NO! you like girls Changmin! Girls. You like boobs not dicks” his mind shouted at him.
Hearing the bell Changmin headed back to class the rest of the day seemed to be smoother, the ghost never left his side but at least he was quiet.
When he returned home, both of his parents were out which was a no surprise to him; they were always doing stuff together that he mostly came home to find it empty.
Grabbing a T.V dinner he tossed it in the microwave.
“Too quiet” looking around he noticed the ghost was not around.
“Who Cares” He said out loud as he went into the living room turning the T.V on. What he saw surprised him it was the ghost on T.V doing a interview wearing the same clothes he saw him in. But he was different he was not transparent, there was real color to his face.
“So what’s next Jaejoong?”
“Jaejoong” Changmin repeated the name now knowing the ghost’s name.
“Wait a minute” Changmin looked in the corner of his T.V he saw something that left him puzzled two simple words that made no sense to everything that has been going on all day for him, Now nothing added up. Those two simple words?
“Live boardcast"
End Chapter 1

Like my work? Add as a friend http://subaru-fics.livejournal.com/profile

Please do not add Angelsubaru for my fanfiction please add Subaru_fics (link above)
Subscribe

• Searching for a fic

Does anyone have a copy of “Watermelon lipgloss,espionage and sparkly purple heels"? I know this is a long shot since the writer deactivated so long…

• looking for a fic !

Hi everyone ! I have been dying to re-read a fic lately, but I can't remember its name. Could anyone help me find it ? It's about plushies that…

• If You Could See What I See - Epilogue

Title: If You Could See What I See Chapter: Epilogue Pairings: JaeMin, HoSu, JaeSu (past), YooMin bff Rating: PG Genre: Romance,…

• Post a new comment

Error

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 7 comments