Seth (consortofkeeks) wrote in _speak,
Seth
consortofkeeks
_speak

My Application

Name: Seth
State/country: Nova Scotia, Canada. Soon to live in New York.

Favorite bands: Eminem (not a band but I figured you actually meant any musicians), Korn, Savage Garden, Simple Plan, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, Jewel, Shakira, Inkubus Sukkubus, Chicago...

Favorite books: The Last Vampire mini-series by Christopher Pike. Fear Street series by R.L. Stine. Harry Potter. Dream Catcher by Steven King.

Favorite movies: Fools Rush In, Planet of the Apes (new and old), Spider Man (the new one), Ginger Snaps, Final Destination, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Jeepers Creepers, all the Star Trek movies, Blair Witch 1&2, Ricochet River.

This/that
Coke/pepsi: It swicthes back and forth. At the moment I don't like either unless they are from those machines at fast food places. It just tastes better to me.
Orange juice/milk: Milk
Eggs/bacon: Bacon
Book/movie: It depends when you ask. I go from liking one more, then the other, or I like them both at once. At the moment I think movies. What can I say the visuals are catching me more at the moment. Of course if I had a really goood book right now, like the latest Harry Potter, my answer would probably be the opposite.
Burger King/McDonalds: McDonalds
Computer/laptop: Computer
Recycle/trash: Recycle what I can, then trash.

Opinions
Drugs: I'm undecided about drugs used to have fun rather than for medical reasons. I respect peoples freedom of choice and freedom to take risks and think their life is none of my business on one hand, but then there is the cost to our health care systems and other effects on the world as a whole. Maybe, in exchange for the government allowing individuals to use drugs for recreational purposes those individuals could sign a contract saying Not to allow them medical treatment (that comes to over a certain cost) for damages as a result of drugs for recreational use, under free government medical treatment programs. They'd have to pay for it themselves.

I do not agree with those who for moral reasons (like it's a sin and evil etc.) support making recreational drug use illegal.

Animal abuse: I am against harming animals to a certain extent. I am not against eating animals - It's part of nature. But I do think we should be careful not to kill off an entire species.
Eating animals: We have a world food shortage crisis going on. We need all the help we can get. I want to balance the needs of humanity with the needs of the rest of the beings of the planet.
Eating disorders: It happens. It's hard. And as a side note I respect peoples' right to barf to loose weight if they want though I think it's unhealthy and many don't know the health risks.
Pop music: I like some. Some annoys me, but that's me. Some like it, go for it, I don't care. I think attacking an artists personal life and making personal judgements based on how they (or anyone else) dresses is closed minded.
Focusing on the way Britney Spears dresses which seems all the rage to be judging and critisizing lately...I respect peoples' right to dress how they Like to dress and don't judge them personally on it. I don't see anything wrong with expressing outside beauty the way an individual likes to express it. If you like the way you look then go for it.
George W. Bush: I don't know him. I make mean jokes about him honestly sometimes as well as about his policies and decisions, but I don't have solid opinion on many of his decisions, especially on the wars.

Why do you think you should be in speak?: I'm looking for a place to say my views. I found this. Looks good. That's all I know.

How did you get here?: LJ Search.

Picture: http://www.geocities.com/wokiamf/AboutUs (I'm Seth down the buttom there).
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

default userpic

Your reply will be screened

Your IP address will be recorded 

• 0 comments