|Questions from someone about SJC
||[Jan. 18th, 2004|02:11 pm]
Dear folks, recently someone has emailed me regarding SJC. She wanted a variety of perspectives. So, here are her emails to me. Please inform her of your own experiences. |
Begin quoted stuff...
I was browsing around Livejournal for St. John's communities because I needed some information for an AP Lang project and I have still not received any response from the website. If you or any other student/alumni of St. John's could fill this out, I would really appreciate it.
1. When you're not in class or doing school-related work, what is there to do on campus? What about Annapolis/Santa Fe and the surrounding area?
2. What is the atmosphere at St. John's like? Is it easy to meet new people?
3. Was it difficult to adjust to the smaller class sizes?
4. This is a big one for me...I'm not very outspoken, so I'm not sure whether I would feel comfortable sharing my ideas and thoughts in a group discussion setting. Did anyone have this problem? Was it easy to overcome?
5. What are your plans for life after college? Do you think that St. John's is preparing you well for further education or employment?
If you decide to fill this out, can you also give me your name so that I can cite you? Thank you very much.
I also thought of something else I would like to know...could you try to explain the grading system at St. John's? What are the oral exams like?
End quoted text...
My own answers to her questions will follow...