• Mood:
  • Music:

Fic: "Love ~ Within Our Darkness"

Title: Love ~ Within Our Darkness
Genre: Romance, angst
Rating: PG-13 (dark sexual themes)
Characters: Yuki, Aya
Pairings: Aya/Yuki
Summary: Yuki knows all too well of the darkness within himself, but with Aya, he can enjoy a brief moment of serenity.

Love ~ Within Our Darkness

Disclaimer: I don't own Weiß Kreuz. This takes place during the Side B manga, and there are spoilers for the second volume and a little bit beyond that. Enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In every human heart, there was darkness, and in recognizing one's own darkness, one could become stronger, and those who could not accept their darker selves would only become their own worst enemies. As an extension of that notion, there were those who willingly embraced their darker selves to better understand and hunt those who had succumbed to the darkness in their hearts, and those who willingly embraced their dark selves were at the greatest risk of becoming the very thing they hunted. The men of Kriptonbrand Side B were all too aware of that thin line, but although they lived their lives in fear, they could sometimes enjoy brief moments of serenity.

Yuki knew very well of that thin line. Akagawa had tried to walk upon it, but he had failed. Alison had known of the great risks and had wanted to find a different way to fight the darkness, but she too had fallen. Yuki was on a similar path, going further than Alison or Akagawa had, and he knew very well that someday he would fall himself. Still, he could sometimes find a little bit of reprieve.

Yuki's bedroom was dark, and even when the door opened, no light came in. Yuki heard breathing, and soon he felt a tall figure sit upon his bed. He sat up, and then found himself locked in Aya's arms. Aya was shirtless, reminding Yuki of what Aya was to him. Yuki returned Aya's embrace and buried his face in Aya's bare shoulder, and a familiar scent found its way into Yuki's nose. "You smell like blood," he said. He did not mean to be hurtful, as the scent of blood no longer disgusted him.

"It's the price I pay for living this life," Aya replied, laying his hand on Yuki's dark hair. "Does it bother you?"

Yuki shook his head. "It's so familiar to me now. But I've made my decision. I want to be with you."

"Thank you, Yuki."

Aya had saved him. Aya was his protector, and also his lover. There was a power imbalance in their relationship, but one that Yuki could trust Aya not to exploit. These midnight trysts were not uncommon, and although Yuki truly loved Aya, he accepted that there was also something sinister behind them. Aya gently pushed Yuki down onto the bed, and when their lips met, Yuki could feel strong, warm hands sliding under his shirt. He did not resist; he would do anything for Aya.

Even if they succumbed to their basest and most disgusting desires, even if they could meet only one last time, with only enough time to have one last kiss, Yuki would die with no regrets. He knew it was only matter of time before his darkness overtook him, just like Akagawa's own darkness had overtook him. He was becoming the very thing that Alison despised, but as long as he was with Aya, he could accept anything.

"Aya, I love you."

"I know, Yuki. I love you too."

Darkness would eventually overcome love, but a brief moment was all Yuki asked for.
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

Error

default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 3 comments